Product Pathways - Nuclear Receptor Signaling
DAX1 (D2F1) Rabbit mAb #13538
|13538S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|13538||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin), IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry)
Specificity / Sensitivity
DAX1 (D2F1) recognizes endogenous levels of total DAX1 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Gly330 of human DAX1 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from U-87 MG, NCI-H460, A431 cells, and human testis using DAX1 (D2F1) Rabbit mAb. A431 extract is negative as expected.
Immunoprecipitation of DAX1 from KYSE-450 cell extracts using Rabbit (DA1E) mAb IgG XP® Isotype Control #3900 (lane 2) or DAX1 (D2F1) Rabbit mAb (lane 3). Lane 1 is 10% input. Western blot analysis was performed using DAX1 (D2F1) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human lung carcinoma using DAX1 (D2F1) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded NCI-H460 (positive; left) or A431 (negative; right) cell pellets using DAX1 (D2F1) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human testis using DAX1 (D2F1) Rabbit mAb.
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of NCI-H460 (positive; upper) and A431 (negative; lower) cells, using DAX1 (D2F1) Rabbit mAb (green). Actin filaments were labeled with DyLight™ 554 Phalloidin #13054 (red). Blue pseudocolor = DRAQ5® #4084 (fluorescent DNA dye).
DSS-AHC critical region on the X chromosome protein 1 (DAX1) is an orphan nuclear receptor encoded by the nuclear receptor subfamily 0 group B member 1 (NR0B1) gene. DAX1 possesses an atypical DNA binding domain that allows it to form heterodimeric complexes with DNA binding partners and repress transcriptional activity (1,2). During development, DAX1 is important for establishment of the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal gonadal axis. The receptor is essential for development of several important hormone-producing organs that determine this axis, including the adrenal glands, pituitary, hypothalamus, and the male and female reproductive organs (3,4). Research studies suggest that DAX1 plays a role in maintenance of pluripotency in embryonic stem cells (5,6). Loss of DAX1 function through deletion or mutation results in adrenal insufficiency and hypogonadotropic hypogonadism (7), while duplication of the NR0B1 gene on the X-chromosome causes dosage-sensitive sex reversal (8).
- Iyer, A.K. et al. (2006) Mol Endocrinol 20, 2326-42.
- Iyer, A.K. and McCabe, E.R. (2004) Mol Genet Metab 83, 60-73.
- Niakan, K.K. and McCabe, E.R. (2005) Mol Genet Metab 86, 70-83.
- McCabe, E.R. (2007) Mol Cell Endocrinol 265-266, 179-82.
- Uranishi, K. et al. (2013) Mol Cell Biol 33, 2056-66.
- Wang, Q. and Cooney, A.J. (2013) Adv Exp Med Biol 786, 287-306.
- Jadhav, U. et al. (2011) Mol Cell Endocrinol 346, 65-73.
- Sanlaville, D. et al. (2004) Am J Med Genet A 128A, 325-30.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9863 Protein A Agarose Beads
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 8114 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Rabbit)
- 5425 Normal Goat Serum
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 8059 SignalStain® DAB Substrate Kit
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
XP® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
DRAQ5® is a registered trademark of Biostatus Limited.
Tween® is a registered trademark of ICI Americas, Inc.
SignalStain® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
DyLight™ is a trademark of Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc. and its subsidiaries.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.