Product Pathways - Cytoskeletal Signaling
NUP88 (D7U4O) Rabbit mAb #13613
|13613S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|13613||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat||Endogenous||88||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Hamster, Bovine, Dog.
Specificity / Sensitivity
NUP88 (D7U4O) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total NUP88 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Gly676 of human NUP88 protein.
The nuclear pore complex (NPC) is a multi-subunit protein channel that spans the nuclear envelope and is responsible for the nucleocytoplasmic trafficking of RNA, proteins, and ribonucleoproteins (1). The 88 kDa nucleoporin protein (NUP88) is located on the cytoplasmic side of the NPC and found to be a part of a subcomplex with the NUP214 NPC subunit (1-3). This NUP88/NUP214 subcomplex interacts with CRM-1/exportin-1 to play an important role in the export of proteins, including the 60S ribosomal particle from the nucleus (4,5). Research studies demonstrate elevated expression and cytoplasmic accumulation of NUP88, visible as granular dots, in ovarian, prostate, and breast cancers (6-9). Increased NUP88 levels correlate with higher tumor grade, suggesting that NUP88 may be a putative tumor marker (1,7).
- Xu, S. and Powers, M.A. (2009) Semin Cell Dev Biol 20, 620-30.
- Bastos, R. et al. (1997) J Cell Biol 137, 989-1000.
- Fornerod, M. et al. (1997) EMBO J 16, 807-16.
- Roth, P. et al. (2003) J Cell Biol 163, 701-6.
- Bernad, R. et al. (2006) J Biol Chem 281, 19378-86.
- Martínez, N. et al. (1999) Cancer Res 59, 5408-11.
- Siddiqui, N. and Borden, K.L. (2012) Wiley Interdiscip Rev RNA 3, 13-25.
- Gould, V.E. et al. (2002) Hum Pathol 33, 536-44.
- Gould, V.E. et al. (2000) Am J Pathol 157, 1605-13.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Tween® is a registered trademark of ICI Americas, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.