Product Pathways - Development
FoxP1 Antibody #2005
|2005S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2005||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin), IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry), F=Flow Cytometry
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Rat.
Specificity / Sensitivity
FoxP1 Antibody detects endogenous level of total FoxP1 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Asp666 of human FoxP1. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from HBP-ALL cells, HCT-15 cells and mouse thymocytes using FoxP1 Antibody.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human lung carcinoma using FoxP1 Antibody.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human lymphoma using FoxP1 Antibody.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human tonsil epithelium using FoxP1 Antibody in the presence of control peptide (left) or antigen-specific peptide (right).
Flow cytometric analysis of MCF-7 cells using FoxP1 Antibody (blue) compared to a nonspecific negative control antibody (red).
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of MCF-7 cells using FoxP1 Antibody (green). Actin filaments have been labeled using DY-554 phalloidin (red).
Forkhead box (Fox) proteins are a family of evolutionarily conserved transcription factors containing a sequence known as Forkhead box or winged helix DNA binding domain (1). The human genome contains 43 Fox proteins that are divided into subfamilies. The FoxP subfamily has four members, FoxP1 - FoxP4, which are broadly expressed and play important roles in organ development, immune response and cancer pathogenesis (2-4). The FoxP subfamily has several characteristics that are atypical among Fox proteins: their Forkhead domain is located at the carboxy-terminal region and they contain motifs that promote homo- and heterodimerization. FoxP proteins usually function as transcriptional repressors (4,5).
FoxP1 plays an important role in cardiac valve and B cell development. Targeted deletion of FoxP1 in mice results in embryonic death at E14.5 with severe defects in cardiac outflow development, endocardial cushion morphogenesis, and myocyte proliferation and maturation (6). The FoxP1 gene is located on chromosome 3p14.1 and loss of heterozygosity of this region in multiple cancer types suggests a role for Foxp1 as a tumor suppressor (7). On the other hand, FoxP1 is highly expressed in a variety of B cell malignancies and is frequently involved in chromosome translocation, suggesting that FoxP1 may also act as an oncogene (8,9).
- Myatt, S.S. and Lam, E.W. (2007) Nat Rev Cancer 7, 847-59.
- Shu, W. et al. (2001) J Biol Chem 276, 27488-97.
- Lu, M.M. et al. (2002) Gene Expr Patterns 2, 223-8.
- Koon, H.B. et al. (2007) Expert Opin Ther Targets 11, 955-65.
- Li, S. et al. (2004) Mol Cell Biol 24, 809-22.
- Wang, B. et al. (2004) Development 131, 4477-87.
- Banham, A.H. et al. (2001) Cancer Res 61, 8820-9.
- Wlodarska, I. et al. (2005) Leukemia 19, 1299-305.
- Goatly, A. et al. (2008) Mod Pathol 21, 902-11.
- Rudra, D. et al. (2012) Nat Immunol 13, 1010-9. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.