Product Pathways - Neuroscience
TMP21 Antibody #2076
|2076S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2076||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Monkey||Endogenous||19||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Rat.
Specificity / Sensitivity
TMP21 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total TMP21 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues of human TMP21. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
TMP21, a type I transmembrane protein, is a member of the p24 cargo protein family, which is highly enriched in the ER, the Golgi and coat protein (COP) I and II transport vesicles (1,2). TMP21 is involved in protein transport and vesicular targeting. In particular, TMP21 influences APP trafficking by stabilizing nascent APP. The absence of TMP21 leads to enhanced maturation and cell surface accumulation of APP (3). In addition, TMP21 is a non-essential component of the γ-secretase complex with the potential to modulate γ-secretase mediated cleavage and Aβ production without having an effect on ε-secretase activity (4).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2450 APP/β-Amyloid (NAB228) Mouse mAb
- 2452 APP Antibody
- 2454 β-Amyloid Antibody
- 2877 FE65 Antibody
- 3632 Nicastrin Antibody
- 4019 Tau (Tau46) Mouse mAb
- 3622 Presenilin 1 Antibody
- 2192 Presenilin 2 Antibody
- 2628 α-Synuclein Antibody (IF Preferred)
- 2647 α-Synuclein (Syn204) Mouse mAb
- 2644 α/β-Synuclein (Syn205) Mouse mAb
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7007 Buffer B (4X)
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.