Product Pathways - Protein Translation
MBTPS2 Antibody #2157
|2157S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2157||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Human, Rat.
Specificity / Sensitivity
MBTPS2 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total MBTPS2 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the sequence of mouse MBTPS2. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Membrane-bound transcription factor protease site 2 (MBTPS2), also known as site-2 protease (S2P), is a zinc metalloprotease in the Golgi membrane (1,2,3). It regulates cholesterol metabolism (1,2) and unfolded protein response (UPR) (3,4). When cells are deprived of cholesterol, sterol regulatory element-binding proteins (SREBPs) move from the endoplasmic reticulum (ER) to the Golgi apparatus and are cleaved by site-1 protease (S1P) (5,6) and site-2 protease (1,6) sequentially to release the active amino-terminal domains. These amino-terminal domains of SREBPs then translocate into the nucleus to induce expression of genes for cholesterol biosynthesis. During UPR, activating transcription factor 6 (ATF6) transports from ER to Golgi apparatus and is cleaved by S1P and S2P to release a cytosolic fragment. This cytosolic fragment relocates to the nucleus and activates the UPR gene expression (7).
- Rawson, R.B. et al. (1997) Mol. Cell 1, 47-57.
- Zelenski, N.G. et al. (1999) J. Biol. Chem. 274, 21973-21980.
- Shen, J. and Prywes, R. (2004) J. Biol. Chem. 279, 43046-43051.
- Lee, K. et al. (2002) Genes Dev. 16, 452-466.
- DeBose-Boyd, R.A. et al. (1999) Cell 99, 703-712.
- Brown, M.S. and Goldstein, J.L. (1999) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 96, 11041-11048.
- Kaufman, R.J. et al. (2002) Nat. Rev. Mol. Cell Biol. 3, 411-421.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3183 BiP Antibody
- 9956 ER Stress Antibody Sampler Kit
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.