Product Pathways - Motif Antibodies
Phospho-Threonine-X-Arginine Antibody #2351
|2351S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2351||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||All Species Expected||Endogenous||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin), E-P=ELISA (Peptide)
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-Threonine-X-Arginine Antibody detects endogenous levels of proteins containing the phospho-Thr-X-Arg motif. This antibody detects phosphorylated Thr followed by Arg or Lys at the +2 position, though its reactivity is lower for Lys compared to Arg at the +2 position. The antibody does not cross-react with nonphospho-Thr or phospho-Ser in the same motif. It recognizes phospho-Thr in the FFT*R motif in PKCbeta II but does not recognize phospho-Thr in other motifs that lack Lys or Arg at +2. (U.S. Patent No's.: 6,441,140; 6,982,318; 7,259,022; 7,344,714; U.S.S.N. 11,484,485; and all foreign equivalents.)
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide containing the phospho-Thr-X-Arg motif. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from Jurkat cells, untreated, TPA-treated or calyculin A-treated, using Phospho-Threonine-X-Arginine Antibody.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma, showing staining of proteins containing phosphorylated threonine-X-arginine motifs, using Phospho-Threonine-X-Arginine Antibody.
Phospho-Threonine-X-Arginine Antibody ELISA: Signal-to-noise ratio of phospho- versus nonphospho-peptides containing the phospho-threonine-X-arginine motif. (T* denotes phosphorylated threonine.)
Some signaling molecules can be regulated by phosphorylation at a specific threonine followed by arginine or lysine at the +2 position. For example, conventional PKC isozymes phosphorylate substrates containing serine or threonine with Arg or Lys at the -3, -2 and +2 positions (1-2). c-Raf, a mitogen-activated protein kinase and the main effector recruited by GTP-bound Ras, is phosphorylated at Thr481 and Thr491 followed by Lys at the +2 position (3). Phosphorylation of these sites is important for enzyme activities. To determine the phosphorylation state of Thr in the Thr-X-Arg motif, and to identify potential new phosphorylation sites with this motif, Cell Signaling Technology has developed a Phospho-Threonine X-Arginine Antibody that recognizes phosphorylated Thr followed by Arg or Lys at the +2 position.
- Sumandea, M.P. et al. (2008) J Biol Chem 283, 22680-9. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9614 Phospho-Akt Substrate (RXXS*/T*) (110B7E) Rabbit mAb
- 9624 Phospho-PKA Substrate (RRXS*/T*) (100G7E) Rabbit mAb
- 2261 Phospho-(Ser) PKC Substrate Antibody
- 2325 Phospho-MAPK/CDK Substrates (PXS*P or S*PXR/K) (34B2) Rabbit mAb
- 2909 Phospho-(Ser/Thr) ATM/ATR Substrate (4F7) Rabbit mAb
- 2981 Phospho-(Ser) Arg-X-Tyr/Phe-X-pSer Motif Antibody
- 9381 Phospho-Threonine Antibody (P-Thr-Polyclonal)
- 9411 Phospho-Tyrosine Mouse mAb (P-Tyr-100)
- 9441 Acetylated-Lysine Antibody
- 9606 Phospho-(Ser) 14-3-3 Binding Motif (4E2) Mouse mAb
- 9601 Phospho-(Ser) 14-3-3 Binding Motif Antibody
- 9611 Phospho-(Ser/Thr) Akt Substrate Antibody
- 9621 Phospho-(Ser/Thr) PKA Substrate Antibody
- 9631 Phospho-(Ser/Thr) Phe Antibody
- 9920 Phospho-(Ser/Thr) Kinase Substrate Antibody Sampler Kit
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
Use of Cell Signaling Technology (CST) Motif Antibodies within certain methods (e.g., U.S. Patents No. 7,198,896 and 7,300,753) may require a license from CST. For information regarding academic licensing terms please have your technology transfer office contact CST Legal Department at CST_ip@cellsignal.com. For information regarding commercial licensing terms please contact CST Pharma Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.