Product Pathways - Protein Translation
eIF4G Antibody #2498
|2498S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2498||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||220||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin), IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry), F=Flow Cytometry
Specificity / Sensitivity
eIF4G Antibody detects endogenous levels of total eIF4G protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to a sequence of human eIF4G. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human colon carcinoma, showing cytoplasmic localization, using eIF4G Antibody.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human lung carcinoma, showing cytoplasmic localization, using eIF4G Antibody.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma, using eIF4G Antibody in the presence of control peptide (left) or eIF4G blocking peptide #1003 (right).
Flow cytometric analysis of HeLa cells, using eIF4G Antibody (blue) compared to a nonspecific negative control antibody (red).
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of HeLa cells, using eIF4G Antibody (green, left) compared to an isotype control (right). Actin filaments have been labeled with Alexa Fluor® 555 phalloidin (red). Blue pseudocolor = DRAQ5® #4084 (fluorescent DNA dye).
The initiation of translation is an important biological event and a variety of factors contribute to this process. Members of the eIF4 translation initiation factor family bind to the 5' m7GTP mRNA cap and unwind the mRNA secondary structure (1,2). The amino-terminal portion of eIF4G physically associates with eIF4E to stimulate the binding of eIF4E to the mRNA cap structure (3). eIF4G also interacts with eIF3 and eIF4A and serves as an adaptor molecule in the eIF4 complex (4). Moreover, eIF4G plays a role in internal ribosomal entry site (IRES)-mediated initiation of translation (5,6). The eIF4G family includes eIF4G1 (eIF4GI), eIF4G2 (p97, DAP5 or NAT1), and eIF4G3 (eIF4GII) (7). These factors share a homologous sequence that provides for interaction with initiation factors eIF3 and eIF4A. Both eIF4G1 and eIF4G3 are involved in cap-dependent translation, while eIF4G2 plays a role in IRES-mediated translation of some genes during cell stress (7,8).
- Yan, R. and Rhoads, R.E. (1995) Genomics 26, 394-398.
- Morley, S.J. et al. (1997) RNA 3, 1085-1104.
- Haghighat, A. and Sonenberg, N. (1997) J. Biol. Chem. 272, 21677-21680.
- De Gregorio, E. et al. (1998) RNA 4, 828-836.
- Ohlmann, T. et al. (1996) EMBO J. 15, 1371-1382.
- Borman, A.M. and Kean, K.M. (1997) Virology 237, 129-136.
- Henis-Korenblit, S. et al. (2002) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 99, 5400-5405.
- Nevins, T.A. et al. (2003) J. Biol. Chem. 278, 3572-3579.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2469 eIF4G (C45A4) Rabbit mAb
- 2617 eIF4G (C65H5) Rabbit mAb
- 2441 Phospho-eIF4G (Ser1108) Antibody
- 2858 eIF4GI Antibody
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 4763 Translation Initiation Complex Antibody Sampler Kit
- 9742 eIF4E Antibody
- 9741 Phospho-eIF4E (Ser209) Antibody
- 4992 PABP1 Antibody
- 1003 eIF4G Blocking Peptide
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
DRAQ5® is a registered trademark of Biostatus Limited.
Alexa Fluor® is a registered trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.