Product Pathways - Ca / cAMP / Lipid Signaling
Phospho-PRK1 (Thr774)/PRK2 (Thr816) Antibody #2611
|2611S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2611||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat||Endogenous||120 Phospho-PRK1. 140 Phospho-PRK2.||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-PRK1 (Thr774)/ PRK2 (Thr816) Antibody detects endogenous levels of PRK1 and PRK2 only when phosphorylated at Thr774 or Thr816, respectively. This antibody also detects PKC zeta and lambda when phosphorylated at Thr 410 and 403, respectively.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Thr774 of human PRK1. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
The protein kinase C-related kinases (PRKs) are a subfamily of Ser/Thr-specific kinases with a catalytic domain highly homologous to the PKC family (1-3). They are effectors of Rho family GTPases (4-6) and are activated by fatty acids and phospholipids in vitro (7,8). Activation in vitro and in vivo involves the activation loop phosphorylation of PRK1 (Thr774)/PRK2 (Thr816) by PDK1 (9,10).
- Mukai, H. et al. (1994) Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 199, 897-904.
- Morrice, N.A. et al. (1994) J. Biol. Chem. 269, 20040-20046.
- Palmer, R.H. et al. (1994) FEBS Lett. 356, 5-8.
- Watanabe, G. et al. (1996) Science 271, 645-648.
- Amano, M. et al. (1996) Science 271, 648-650.
- Vincent, S. and Settleman, J. (1997) Mol. Cell. Biol. 17, 2247-2256.
- Morrice, N.A. et al. (1994) FEBS Lett. 351, 171-175.
- Palmer, R.H. et al. (1995) J. Biol. Chem. 270, 22412-22416.
- Flynn, P. et al. (2000) J. Biol. Chem. 275, 11064-70.
- Dong, L.Q. et al. (2000) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 97, 5089-94.
- Yau, L. et al. (2003) Eur. J. Biochem. 270, 101-110. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 2612 PRK2 Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.