Product Pathways - Development
CK1 Antibody #2655
|2655S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2655||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat||Endogenous||34||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Chicken, Xenopus, Zebrafish, Bovine.
Specificity / Sensitivity
This antibody detects endogenous levels of total casein kinase I-alpha 1 protein. This antibody may cross-react with casein kinase I-epsilon, casein kinase I-delta, and casein kinase I-gamma.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to amino acid residues near the middle of human casein kinase I-alpha 1. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Casein Kinase I (CK1 or CKI) is the name given to a family of kinases consisting of multiple isoforms (α, α', β, γ1-3, δ, and ε) with a conserved N-terminal kinase domain and a variable C-terminal sequence that determines subcellular localization and regulates enzyme activity (1-3). Indeed, multiple inhibitory autophosphorylation sites have been identified near the C terminus of CK1ε (3). This ubiquitously expressed family of protein kinases has been implicated in multiple processes including DNA repair, cell morphology, and Wnt signaling (4). Perhaps the best understood role of CK1 is to provide the priming phosphorylation of β-catenin at Ser45 to produce the consensus GSK-3 substrate motif (S/T-X-X-X-pS) (4).
- Gross, S.D. and Anderson, R.A. (1998) Cell. Signal. 10, 699-711.
- Vancura, A. et al. (1994) J. Biol. Chem. 269, 19271-19278.
- Gietzen, K.F. and Virshup, D.M. (1999) J. Biol. Chem. 274, 32063-32070.
- Polakis, P. (2002) Curr. Biol. 12, R499-R501.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9316 Phospho-GSK-3α (Ser21) (36E9) Rabbit mAb
- 9323 Phospho-GSK-3β (Ser9) (5B3) Rabbit mAb
- 9327 Phospho-GSK-3α/β (Ser21/9) (37F11) Rabbit mAb (GSK-3α Preferred)
- 2656 CK2α Antibody
- 9285 Phospho-p53 (Ser6) Antibody
- 9288 Phospho-p53 (Ser9) Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.