Product Pathways - Lymphocyte Signaling
Phospho-Zap-70 (Tyr493)/Syk (Tyr526) Antibody #2704
|2704S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2704||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, F=Flow Cytometry
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Mouse, Rat.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-Zap-70 (Tyr493)/Syk (Tyr526) Antibody detects endogenous levels of Zap-70 only when phosphorylated at Tyr493. This antibody also cross-reacts with endogenous levels of Syk when phosphorylated at Tyr526.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Tyr493 of human Zap-70. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from Ramos cells untreated or treated with 10 µg/ml IgM for 2 minutes with or without calf intestinal phosphatase (CIP), using Phospho-Zap-70 (Tyr493)/Syk (Tyr526) Antibody (upper) or Syk Antibody #12358 (lower).
Western blot analysis of extracts from Jurkat cells starved for 16 hours and treated with 2 mM H2O2 for 3 minutes, using Phospho-Zap-70 (Tyr493)/Syk (Tyr526) Antibody (upper) or control Zap-70 Antibody #2702 (lower).
Flow cytometric analysis of Jurkat cells, untreated (blue) or CD3/CD28 treated (green), using Phospho-Zap-70 (Tyr493)/Syk (Tyr526) Antibody compared to a nonspecific negative control antibody (red).
The Syk family protein tyrosine kinase Zap-70 is expressed in T and NK cells and plays a critical role in mediating T cell activation in response to T cell receptor (TCR) engagement (1). Following TCR engagement, Zap-70 is rapidly phosphorylated on several tyrosine residues through autophosphorylation and transphosphorylation by the Src family tyrosine kinase Lck (2-6). Tyrosine phosphorylation correlates with increased Zap-70 kinase activity and downstream signaling events. Expression of Zap-70 is correlated with disease progression and survival in patients with chronic lymphocytic leukemia (7,8).
Phosphorylation of Tyr493 within the activation loop results in enzymatic activation of Zap-70 (9).
- Chu, D.H. et al. (1998) Immunol. Rev. 165, 167-180.
- Iwashima, M. et al. (1994) Science 263, 1136-1139.
- Neumeister, E.N. et al. (1995) Mol. Cell Biol. 15, 3171-3178.
- Chan, A.C. et al. (1995) EMBO J. 14, 2499-2508.
- Williams, B.L. et al. (1999) EMBO J. 18, 1832-1844.
- Di Bartolo, V. et al. (1999) J. Biol. Chem. 274, 6285-6294.
- Wiestner, A. et al. (2003) Blood 101, 4944-4951.
- Crespo, M. et al. (2003) N. Engl. J. Med. 348, 1764-1775.
- Watts, J.D. et al. (1994) J. Biol. Chem. 269, 29520-29529.
- Zeyda, M. et al. (2002) . J. Biol. Chem. 277, 28418-28423. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2701 Phospho-Zap-70 (Tyr319)/Syk (Tyr352) Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 2705 Zap-70 (99F2) Rabbit mAb
- 2709 Zap-70 (L1E5) Mouse mAb
- 2717 Phospho-Zap-70 (Tyr319)/Syk (Tyr352) (65E4) Rabbit mAb
- 2707 Zap-70 (136F12) Rabbit mAb (Alexa Fluor® 647 Conjugate)
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.