Product Pathways - Chromatin Regulation / Epigenetics
SET7/SET9 (C24B1) Rabbit mAb #2825
|2825S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2825||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||48||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
SET7/SET9 (C24B1) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total SET7/SET9 protein. This antibody does not cross-react with other SET domain-containing proteins.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the amino terminus of the human SET7/SET9 protein.
SET7/SET9 is a member of the SET domain-containing family, and can specifically methylate Lys4 on histone H3 (1). Like most other lysine-directed histone methyltransferases, it contains a conserved catalytic SET domain originally identified in the Drosophila Su(var)3-9, Enhancer of zeste and Trithorax proteins. Histone methylation is a major determinant for the formation of active and inactive regions of the genome and is crucial for the proper programming of the genome during development (2,3). Methylation of histone H3 Lys4 enhances transcriptional activation by coordinating the recruitment of BPTF, a component of the NURF chromatin remodeling complex, and WDR5, a component of multiple histone methyltransferase complexes (4,5). In addition, methylation of lysine 4 blocks transcriptional repression by inhibiting the binding of the NURD histone deacetylation complex to the amino-terminal tail of histone H3 and interfering with SUV39H1-mediated methylation of histone H3 Lys9 (1). SET7/SET9 is highly active on free histone H3, but only very weakly methylates H3 within nucleosomes (1). Besides histones, SET7/SET9 also methylates Lys189 of the TAF10, a member of the TFIID transcription factor complex, and Lys372 of the p53 tumor suppressor protein (6,7). Methylation of TAF10 stimulates transcription in a promoter-specific manner by increasing the affinity of TAF10 for RNA polymerase II, which may potentiate pre-initiation complex formation (6). Methylation of p53 at Lys372 increases protein stability and leads to upregulation of target genes such as p21. Thus the loss of SET7/SET9 may represent another mechanism for the inactivation of p53 in human cancers (7).
- Nishioka, K. et al. (2002) Genes Dev. 16, 479-489.
- Kubicek, S. et al. (2006) Ernst Schering Res. Found. Workshop , 1-27.
- Lin, W. and Dent, S.Y. (2006) Curr. Opin. Genet. Dev. 16, 137-142.
- Wysocka, J. et al. (2006) Nature 442, 86-90.
- Wysocka, J. et al. (2005) Cell 121, 859-872.
- Kouskouti, A. et al. (2004) Mol. Cell 14, 175-182.
- Chuikov, S. et al. (2004) Nature 432, 353-360.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9723 Mono-Methyl-Histone H3 (Lys4) Antibody
- 9725 Di-Methyl-Histone H3 (Lys4) (C64G9) Rabbit mAb
- 9751 Tri-Methyl-Histone H3 (Lys4) (C42D8) Rabbit mAb
- 2139 LSD1 Antibody
- 2184 LSD1 (C69G12) Rabbit mAb
- 9715 Histone H3 Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7075 Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
This antibody is developed, validated, and produced by CST using in part technology under license (granting certain rights including those under U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063) from Epitomics, Inc.