Product Pathways - Neuroscience
NeuroD Antibody #2833
|2833S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2833||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Mouse, Rat.
Specificity / Sensitivity
NeuroD Antibody detects endogenous levels of total NeuroD protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the sequence of human NeuroD. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
NeuroD is a member of the basic helix-loop-helix (bHLH) family of transcription factors. These proteins function by forming heterodimers with E-proteins and binding to the canonical E-box sequence CANNTG (1,2). Neuronal activity results in CaMKII-mediated phosphorylation of NeuroD at Ser336, which is necessary for formation and growth of dendrites (3,4). NeuroD is also phosphorylated at Ser274 though the results are context dependent as phosphorylation by Erk stimulates NeuroD activity in pancreatic β-cells while phosphorylation by GSK-3β inhibits NeuroD in neurons (3). NeuroD is crucially important in both the pancreas and developing nervous system, and plays a large role in the development of the inner ear and mammalian retina (3). Mice lacking NeuroD become severely diabetic and die shortly after birth due to defects in β-cell differentiation (2,3,5,6). The lack of NeuroD in the brain results in severe defects in development (5). Human mutations have been linked to a number of types of diabetes including type I diabetes mellitus and maturity-onset diabetes of the young (1,3).
- Schonhoff, S.E. et al. (2004) Endocrinology 145, 2639-2644.
- Sharma, A. et al. (1999) Mol. Cell Biol. 19, 704-713.
- Chae, J.H. et al. (2004) Mol. Cells 18, 271-288.
- Gaudillière, B. et al. (2004) Neuron 41, 229-241.
- Miyata, T. et al. (1999) Genes Dev. 13, 1647-1652.
- Naya, F.J. et al. (1997) Genes Dev. 11, 2323-2334.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3361 Phospho-CaMKII (Thr286) Antibody
- 3362 CaMKII (pan) Antibody
- 4032 CaMKIV Antibody
- 9331 Phospho-GSK-3α/β (Ser21/9) Antibody
- 9337 Phospho-GSK-3α (Ser21) (46H12) Mouse mAb
- 9338 GSK-3α Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.