Product Pathways - Apoptosis
Bcl-2 (50E3) Rabbit mAb #2870
|2870S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2870P||40 µl (4 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2870||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat||Endogenous||26||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Monkey, Chicken, Bovine, Dog.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Bcl-2 (50E3) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total Bcl-2 alpha protein. This antibody does not cross-react with Bcl-2 beta or other Bcl-2 family members.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues at the carboxy terminus of Bcl-2 alpha.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell types using Bcl-2 (50E3) Rabbit mAb.
Western blot analysis of extracts from HeLa cells, transfected with 100 nM SignalSilence® Control siRNA (Fluorescein Conjugate) #6201 (-), SignalSilence® Bcl-2 siRNA I (+) or SignalSilence® Bcl-2 siRNA II #6516 (+), using Bcl-2 (50E3) Rabbit mAb and α-Tubulin (11H10) Rabbit mAb #2125. Bcl-2 (50E3) Rabbit mAb #2870 confirms silencing of Bcl-2 expression, while the α-tubulin (11H10) rabbit mAb is used to control for loading and specificity of Bcl-2 siRNA.
Bcl-2 exerts a survival function in response to a wide range of apoptotic stimuli through inhibition of mitochondrial cytochrome c release (1). It has been implicated in modulating mitochondrial calcium homeostasis and proton flux (2). Several phosphorylation sites have been identified within Bcl-2 including Thr56, Ser70, Thr74, and Ser87 (3). It has been suggested that these phosphorylation sites may be targets of the ASK1/MKK7/JNK1 pathway and that phosphorylation of Bcl-2 may be a marker for mitotic events (4,5). Mutation of Bcl-2 at Thr56 or Ser87 inhibits its anti-apoptotic activity during glucocorticoid-induced apoptosis of T lymphocytes (6). Interleukin-3 and JNK-induced Bcl-2 phosphorylation at Ser70 may be required for its enhanced anti-apoptotic functions (7).
- Murphy, K.M. et al. (2000) Cell Death Differ 7, 102-11.
- Zhu, L. et al. (1999) J Biol Chem 274, 33267-73.
- Maundrell, K. et al. (1997) J Biol Chem 272, 25238-42.
- Yamamoto, K. et al. (1999) Mol Cell Biol 19, 8469-78.
- Ling, Y.H. et al. (1998) J Biol Chem 273, 18984-91.
- Huang, S.T. and Cidlowski, J.A. (2002) FASEB J 16, 825-32.
- Deng, X. et al. (2001) J Biol Chem 276, 23681-8.
- Roca, H. et al. (2009) J Biol Chem 284, 34342-54. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Xiang, X. et al. (2011) PLoS One 6, e14640. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4223 Bcl-2 (D55G8) Rabbit mAb (Human Specific)
- 3498 Bcl-2 (D17C4) Rabbit mAb (Mouse Preferred)
- 2827 Phospho-Bcl-2 (Ser70) (5H2) Rabbit mAb
- 2875 Phospho-Bcl-2 (Thr56) Antibody (Human Specific)
- 9941 Pro-Survival Bcl-2 Family Antibody Sampler Kit
- 9942 Pro-Apoptosis Bcl-2 Family Antibody Sampler Kit
- 6441 SignalSilence® Bcl-2 siRNA I
- 6516 SignalSilence® Bcl-2 siRNA II
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
This antibody is developed, validated, and produced by CST using in part technology under license (granting certain rights including those under U.S. Patents No. 5,675,063 and 7,429,487) from Epitomics, Inc.