Product Pathways - Neuroscience
Phospho-PSD93 (Tyr340) Antibody #2930
|2930S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2930||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-PSD93 (Tyr340) Antibody detects endogenous levels of PSD93 only when phosphorylated at Tyr340.
Source / Purification
Antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Tyr340 of human PSD93.
Postsynaptic Density Protein 93 (PSD93) is a member of the PSD subfamily of the membrane-associated guanylate kinase (PSD-MAGUK) proteins. Structurally, it most closely resembles PSD95, consisting of an N-terminal variable segment followed by three PDZ domains, an SH3 domain, and an inactive guanylate kinase (GK) domain (1,2). PSD93 is expressed in neuronal cells and located at the synapse where it interacts with neuronal receptors and proteins including the NMDA receptor (2-4), K+ channels (5,6), and the AMPA receptor (7) to regulate their membrane localization and neuronal signaling. Research studies have implicated PSD93 in postsynaptic related persistent pain induction, making PSD93 a potential target for treatment of this syndrome (3).
The phosphorylation site at Tyr340 of PSD93 was identified at Cell Signaling Technology (CST) using PhosphoScan®, CST's MS/MS platform for phosphorylation site discovery. Phosphorylation of PSD93 at Tyr340 was observed in extracts isolated from reperfusion of ischemic rat brain.
- Brenman, J.E. et al. (1996) J Neurosci 16, 7407-15.
- Kim, E. et al. (1996) Neuron 17, 103-13.
- Tao, Y.X. et al. (2003) J Neurosci 23, 6703-12.
- Niethammer, M. et al. (1996) J Neurosci 16, 2157-63.
- Kim, E. et al. (1995) Nature 378, 85-8.
- Leyland, M.L. and Dart, C. (2004) J Biol Chem 279, 43427-36.
- Elias, G.M. et al. (2006) Neuron 52, 307-20.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2507 PSD95 Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.