Product Pathways - Nuclear Receptor Signaling
Progesterone Receptor (6A1) Mouse mAb #3172
|3172S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3172||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human||Endogenous||90 (PR-A). 118 (PR-B).||Mouse IgG1|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Specificity / Sensitivity
Progesterone Receptor (6A1) Monoclonal Antibody detects endogenous levels of total progesterone receptor. It does not cross-react with other PR family members.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser190 of human progesterone receptor.
Human progesterone receptor (PR) is expressed as two forms: the full length PR-B and the short form PR-A. PR-A lacks the first 164 amino acid residues of PR-B (1,2). Both PR-A and PR-B are ligand activated, but differ in their relative ability to activate target gene transcription (3,4). The activity of PR is regulated by phosphorylation; at least seven serine residues are phosphorylated in its amino-terminal domain. Three sites (Ser81, Ser102, and Ser162) are unique to full length PR-B, while other sites (Ser190, Ser294, Ser345, and Ser400) are shared by both isoforms (5). Phosphorylation of PR-B at Ser190 (equivalent to Ser26 of PR-A) is catalyzed by CDK2 (6). Mutation of Ser190 results in decreased activity of PR (7), suggesting that the phosphorylation at Ser190 may be critical to its biological function.
- Evans, R.M. (1988) Science 240, 889-895.
- Kastner, P. et al. (1990) EMBO J. 112, 1603-1614.
- Giangrande, P.H. et al. (2000) Mol. Cell. Biol. 20, 3102-3115.
- Wen, D.X. et al. (1994) Mol. Cell. Biol. 14, 8356-8364.
- Clemm, D.L. et al. (2000) Mol. Endocrinol. 14, 52-65.
- Zhang, Y. et al. (1997) Mol. Endocrinol. 11, 823-832.
- Takimoto, G.S. et al. (1996) J. Biol. Chem. 271, 13308-13316.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3153 Progesterone Receptor A/B (C89F7) Rabbit mAb
- 3157 Progesterone Receptor B (C1A2) Rabbit mAb
- 3171 Phospho-Progesterone Receptor (Ser190) Antibody
- 3176 Progesterone Receptor A/B Antibody
- 3178 Progesterone Receptor B Antibody
- 7072 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.