Product Pathways - Tyrosine Kinase / Adaptors
Phospho-PDGF Receptor β (Tyr771) (76D6) Rabbit mAb #3173
|3173S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3173P||40 µl (4 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3173||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Human.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-PDGF Receptor β (Tyr771) (76D6) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of PDGF receptor β only when phosphorylated at tyrosine 771. The antibody doest not cross-react with other activated PDGF receptor-family members.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Tyr771 of human PDGF receptor β.
Platelet derived growth factor (PDGF) family proteins exist as several disulphide-bonded, dimeric isoforms (PDGF AA, PDGF AB, PDGF BB, PDGF CC, and PDGF DD) that bind in a specific pattern to two closely related receptor tyrosine kinases, PDGF receptor α (PDGFRα) and PDGF receptor β (PDGFRβ). PDGFRα and PDGFRβ share 75% to 85% sequence homology between their two intracellular kinase domains, while the kinase insert and carboxy-terminal tail regions display a lower level (27% to 28%) of homology (1). PDGFRα homodimers bind all PDGF isoforms except those containing PDGF D. PDGFRβ homodimers bind PDGF BB and DD isoforms, as well as the PDGF AB heterodimer. The heteromeric PDGF receptor α/β binds PDGF B, C, and D homodimers, as well as the PDGF AB heterodimer (2). PDGFRα and PDGFRβ can each form heterodimers with EGFR, which is also activated by PDGF (3). Various cells differ in the total number of receptors present and in the receptor subunit composition, which may account for responsive differences among cell types to PDGF binding (4). Ligand binding induces receptor dimerization and autophosphorylation, followed by binding and activation of cytoplasmic SH2 domain-containing signal transduction molecules, such as GRB2, Src, GAP, PI3 kinase, PLCγ, and NCK. A number of different signaling pathways are initiated by activated PDGF receptors and lead to control of cell growth, actin reorganization, migration, and differentiation (5). Tyr751 in the kinase-insert region of PDGFRβ is the docking site for PI3 kinase (6). Phosphorylated pentapeptides derived from Tyr751 of PDGFRβ (pTyr751-Val-Pro-Met-Leu) inhibit the association of the carboxy-terminal SH2 domain of the p85 subunit of PI3 kinase with PDGFRβ (7). Tyr740 is also required for PDGFRβ-mediated PI3 kinase activation (8).
Phosphorylation of tyrosine 771 in the PDGF β receptor provides the binding site for GTPase activating protein of Ras (RasGAP). It was demonstrated that SHP-2 plays an important role in modulating phosphorylation of tyrosine 771, thereby controlling RasGAP recruitment and Ras/MAP kinase signaling mediated by PDGF receptors (8).
- Deuel, T.F. et al. (1988) Biofactors 1, 213-217.
- Bergsten, E. et al. (2001) Nat. Cell Biol. 3, 512-516.
- Betsholtz, C. et al. (2001) Bioessays 23, 494-507.
- Coughlin, S.R. et al. (1988) Prog. Clin. Biol. Res. 266, 39-45.
- Ostman, A. and Heldin, C.H. (2001) Adv. Cancer Res. 80, 1-38.
- Panayotou, G. et al. (1992) EMBO J. 11, 4261-4272.
- Ramalingam, K. et al. (1995) Bioorg. Med. Chem. 3, 1263-1272.
- Kashishian, A. et al. (1992) EMBO J. 11, 1373-1382.
- Ekman, S. et al. (2002) Oncogene 21, 1870-5.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3169 PDGF Receptor β (28E1) Rabbit mAb
- 2227 Phospho-PDGF Receptor β (Tyr1021) (6F10) Rabbit mAb
- 3168 Phospho-PDGF Receptor β (Tyr740) (32A9) Rabbit mAb
- 3124 Phospho-PDGF Receptor β (Tyr1009) (42F9) Rabbit mAb
- 4549 Phospho-PDGF Receptor β (Tyr751) (C63G6) Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 3161 Phospho-PDGF Receptor β (Tyr751) Antibody
- 3162 PDGF Receptor β Antibody
- 3166 Phospho-PDGF Receptor β (Tyr751) (88H8) Mouse mAb
- 3175 PDGF Receptor β (2B3) Mouse mAb
- 4564 PDGF Receptor β (C82A3) Rabbit mAb
- 2992 Phospho-PDGF Receptor α (Tyr754) (23B2) Rabbit mAb
- 3170 Phospho-PDGF Receptor α (Tyr849)/PDGF Receptor β (Tyr857) (C43E9) Rabbit mAb
- 3164 PDGF Receptor α Antibody
- 3174 PDGF Receptor α (D1E1E) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 4547 Phospho-PDGF Receptor α (Tyr1018) Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
This antibody is developed, validated, and produced by CST using in part technology under license (granting certain rights including those under U.S. Patents No. 5,675,063 and 7,429,487) from Epitomics, Inc.