Product Pathways - Apoptosis
AP-2α (C83E10) Rabbit mAb #3215
|3215S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3215||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||48||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry)
Specificity / Sensitivity
AP-2α (C83E10) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total AP-2α protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to human AP-2α.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell types using AP-2α (C83E10) Rabbit mAb.
The sequence-specific transcription factor activator protein 2α (AP-2α) is required for normal growth and morphogenesis during mammalian development (1,2). Decreased or loss of AP-2α expression has been observed in many different types of human cancers including breast cancer (3,4), ovarian cancer (5), melanoma (6) and prostate cancer (7). These findings suggest that AP-2α expression plays a crucial role in tumorigenicity. Studies have also shown that p53 overexpression in human breast carcinoma cells induces the level of AP-2α expression. Furthermore, p53 binds to the cis-element in the AP-2α promoter, suggesting that AP-2α is a target of p53. AP-2α may mediate the effect of p53 to inhibit cell proliferation (8).
- Mitchell, P.J. et al. (1987) Cell 50, 847-61.
- Williams, T. and Tjian, R. (1991) Genes Dev 5, 670-82.
- Douglas, D.B. et al. (2004) Cancer Res 64, 1611-20.
- Gee, J.M. et al. (1999) J Pathol 189, 514-20.
- Anttila, M.A. et al. (2000) Br J Cancer 82, 1974-83.
- Jean, D. et al. (1998) J Biol Chem 273, 16501-8.
- Ruiz, M. et al. (2004) Cancer Res 64, 631-8.
- Li, H. et al. (2006) Oncogene 25, 5405-15.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3208 AP-2α Antibody
- 2509 AP-2β Antibody
- 2320 AP-2γ Antibody
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
This antibody is developed, validated, and produced by CST using in part technology under license (granting certain rights including those under U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063) from Epitomics, Inc.