Product Pathways - MAPK Signaling
TAB1 (C25E9) Rabbit mAb #3226
|3226S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3226||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Monkey||Endogenous||60||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Specificity / Sensitivity
TAB1 (C25E9) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total TAB1 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Pro381 of human TAB1.
TAK1 is a mitogen-activated protein kinase kinase kinase activated by TGF-β and various pro-inflammatory signals (1,2). In vivo, TAK1 activation requires its association with TAK1 binding protein 1 (TAB1), which triggers TAK1 autophosphorylation at Thr184 and Thr187 (3,4). The TAB2 adaptor protein links TAK1 with TRAF6 to mediate TAK1 activation following IL-1 stimulation (5). Once activated, TAK1 phosphorylates the MAPK kinases MKK4 and MKK3/6, which activate JNK and p38 MAPK, respectively. TAK1 and TRAF6 also activate the NF-κB pathway by phosphorylating the NF-κB inducing kinase (NIK) to trigger subsequent activation of IKK (2,6). In addition to TAK1, TAB1 interacts with and activates p38α MAPK (7). Targeted disruption of the TAB1 gene in mice causes a drastic reduction in TAK1 activity and leads to embryonic lethality (8).
- Yamaguchi, K. et al. (1995) Science 270, 2008-2011.
- Ninomiya-Tsuji, J. et al. (1999) Nature 398, 252-256.
- Shibuya, H. et al. (1996) Science 272, 1179-1182.
- Sakurai, H. et al. (2000) FEBS Lett. 474, 141-145.
- Takaesu, G. et al. (2000) Mol. Cell 4, 649-658.
- Wang, C. et al. (2001) Nature 412, 346-351.
- Ge, B. et al. (2002) Science 295, 1291-1294.
- Komatsu, Y. et al. (2002) Mech. Dev. 119, 239-249.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3744 TAB2 Antibody
- 4508 Phospho-TAK1 (Thr184/187) (90C7) Rabbit mAb
- 4531 Phospho-TAK1 (Thr184/187) Antibody
- 4505 TAK1 Antibody
- 3013 TBK1/NAK Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
This antibody is developed, validated, and produced by CST using in part technology under license (granting certain rights including those under U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063) from Epitomics, Inc.