Product Pathways - Protein Translation
eIF6 Antibody #3263
|3263S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3263||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat||Endogenous||27||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin), IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry)
Specificity / Sensitivity
eIF6 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total eIF6 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the sequence of human eIF6. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human colon carcinoma using eIF6 Antibody in the presence of control peptide (left) or antigen-specific peptide (right).
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of HeLa cells using eIF6 Antibody (green). Actin filaments have been labeled with DY-554 phalloidin (red). Blue pseudocolor = DRAQ5® #4084 (fluorescent DNA dye).
Eukaryotic initiation factor 6 (eIF6) is reqiured for the 60S ribosomal subunit assembly in the nucleolus (1). In the cytoplasm, this protein is bound to 60S ribosome subunits and prevents them from joining 40S ribosome subunits to form 80S ribosomes (2). eIF6 is also shown to associate with the RNA-induced silencing complex (RISC) (3). Deletion of eIF6 abolishes the miRNA-mediated gene silencing (3). eIF6 may play its essential role in miRNA-mediated silencing by inhibiting translation initiation or ribosome recycling (3).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2103 eIF2α (L57A5) Mouse mAb
- 9722 eIF2α Antibody
- 3597 Phospho-eIF2α (Ser51) (119A11) Rabbit mAb
- 9721 Phospho-eIF2α (Ser51) Antibody
- 3595 eIF2B-ε Antibody
- 2538 eIF3A Antibody
- 2068 eIF3C Antibody
- 3261 eIF3J Antibody
- 2013 eIF4A (C32B4) Rabbit mAb
- 2425 eIF4A (F52) Antibody
- 2490 eIF4A1 Antibody
- 3592 eIF4B Antibody
- 3591 Phospho-eIF4B (Ser422) Antibody
- 2067 eIF4E (C46H6) Rabbit mAb
- 9742 eIF4E Antibody
- 9741 Phospho-eIF4E (Ser209) Antibody
- 2469 eIF4G (C45A4) Rabbit mAb
- 2617 eIF4G (C65H5) Rabbit mAb
- 2498 eIF4G Antibody
- 2441 Phospho-eIF4G (Ser1108) Antibody
- 2858 eIF4GI Antibody
- 2444 eIF4H Antibody
- 2480 eIF5 Antibody
- 4763 Translation Initiation Complex Antibody Sampler Kit
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
DRAQ5® is a registered trademark of Biostatus Limited.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.