Product Pathways - NF-kB Signaling
Nod1 Antibody #3545
|3545S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3545||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||95||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
Nod1 Antibody detects endogenous levels of Nod1 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the carboxy terminus of Nod1 protein. Antibodies were purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Nod1/CARD4 is a cytosolic protein structually related to Apaf-1 and plant drug-resistance proteins that has been implicated in apoptosis and inflammatory responses to certain pathogenic bacteria (1-3). It contains an amino-terminal caspase recruitment domain (CARD) that is linked to a central nucleotide-binding domain (NBD; also known as a NOD domain) and is followed by carboxy-terminal leucine-rich repeats (LRR) (1). Like Apaf-1, Nod1 induces apoptosis by a CARD/NBD-dependent activation of caspase-9 (1). The primary function of Nod1 is thought to be as a sensor for certain pathogenic microbes and triggering inflammatory responses including the activation of NF-κB and JNK pathways (4-6). The LRR of Nod1 appears to be involved in recognition of microbial components and the CARD domain induces NF-κB activation in cooperation with the CARD containing kinase, RICK/RIP2/CARDIAK (1,5,6). Mutations in Nod1 have been linked increased susceptibility to asthma (7) and inflammatory bowel disease (8).
- Inohara, N. et al. (1999) J. Biol. Chem. 274, 14560-14567.
- Inohara, N. and Nuñez, G. (2003) Nat. Rev. Immunol. 3, 371-382.
- Fritz, J.H. et al. (2006) Nat .Immunol. 7, 1250-1257.
- Girardin, S.E. et al. (2001) EMBO Rep. 2, 736-742.
- Inohara, N. et al. (2001) J. Biol. Chem. 276, 2551-2554.
- Inohara, N. et al. (2000) J. Biol. Chem. 275, 27823-27831.
- Hysi, P. et al. (2005) Hum. Mol. Genet. 14, 935-941.
- McGovern, D.P. et al. (2005) Hum. Mol. Genet. 14, 1245-1250.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4926 RIP Antibody
- 4982 RIP2 Antibody
- 4364 Phospho-RIP2 (Ser176) Antibody
- 4440 CARD11 Antibody
- 4435 CARD11 (1D12) Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.