Product Pathways - Lymphocyte Signaling
CD4 (Edu-2) Mouse mAb #3563
|3563S||400 µl (100 tests)||---||In Stock||---|
|3563||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Applications Key: F=Flow Cytometry
Specificity / Sensitivity
CD4 (Edu-2) Mouse mAb detects endogenous levels of total CD4 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing BALB/c mice with stimulated human leukocytes.
Cluster of Differentiation 4 (CD4) is a glycoprotein composed of an amino-terminal extracellular domain (four domains: D1-D4 with Ig-like structures), a transmembrane part and a short cytoplasmic tail. CD4 is expressed on the surface of T helper cells, regulatory T cells, monocytes, macrophages and dendritic cells, and plays an important role in the development and activation of T cells. On T cells, CD4 is the co-receptor for the T cell receptor (TCR), and these two distinct structures recognize the Antigen–Major Histocompatibility Complex (MHC). Specifically, the D1 domain of CD4 interacts with the β2-domain of the MHC class II molecule. CD4 ensures specificity of the TCR–antigen interaction, prolongs the contact between the T cell and the antigen presenting cell and recruits the tyrosine kinase Lck, which is essential for T cell activation (1).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4443 CD3ε (CD3-12) Rat mAb
- 3572 CD8 (RIV11) Mouse mAb
- 3565 CD10 (CB-CALLA) Mouse mAb
- 3569 CD34 (ICO115) Mouse mAb
- 3570 CD44 (156-3C11) Mouse mAb
- 3576 CD56 (NCAM) (123C3) Mouse mAb
- 7072 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.