Product Pathways - Protein Translation
eEF1A (D10A5) Rabbit mAb #3586
|3586S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3586||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||50||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Specificity / Sensitivity
eEF1A (D10A5) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total eEF1A protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the sequence of human eEF1A.
Translation is the process where amino acid residues are assembled into polypeptides on ribosomes. This process is generally divided into three stages: initiation, elongation and termination. During elongation, mRNA and tRNA pair at the two active sites (A and P sites) on the ribosome. A number of eukaryotic elongation factors (eEFs) are involved in this process in mammalian cells (1). eEF1A, also called elongation factor Tu (EF-Tu), binds GTP and interacts with amino acyl-tRNAs to promote recruitment of amino acyl-tRNAs to the A-site of the ribosome (1). After GTP hydrolysis, GDP-eEF1A leaves the ribosome and is later converted back to the GTP-eEF1A by eEF1B (1). Studies have shown that eEF1A is phosphorylated under certain conditions, indicating that its activity is regulated at the post-translational level (2,3).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2425 eIF4A (F52) Antibody
- 2490 eIF4A1 Antibody
- 3592 eIF4B Antibody
- 9742 eIF4E Antibody
- 2469 eIF4G (C45A4) Rabbit mAb
- 2498 eIF4G Antibody
- 2480 eIF5 Antibody
- 2103 eIF2α (L57A5) Mouse mAb
- 9722 eIF2α Antibody
- 3595 eIF2B-ε Antibody
- 2297 4E-T Antibody
- 9644 4E-BP1 (53H11) Rabbit mAb
- 9452 4E-BP1 Antibody
- 2845 4E-BP2 Antibody
- 9918 Translational Control Antibody Sampler Kit
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.