Product Pathways - Neuroscience
Nicastrin Antibody #3632
|3632S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3632||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||110, 120||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
Nicastrin Antibody detects endogenous levels of Nicastrin.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the carboxy-terminus of human Nicastrin. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Nicastrin is a transmembrane glycoprotein serving as an essential component of the γ-secretase complex (1,2). Nicastrin is physically associated with presenilin and plays an important role in the stabilization and correct localization of presenilin to the membrane-bound γ-secretase complex (3). Nicastrin also serves as a docking site for γ-secretase substrates such as APP and Notch, directly binding to them and properly presenting them to γ-secretase to ensure the correct cleavage process (2,4).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2192 Presenilin 2 Antibody
- 3622 Presenilin 1 Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 2421 Cleaved Notch1 (Val1744) Antibody
- 3268 Notch1 (C44H11) Rabbit mAb
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.