Product Pathways - Apoptosis
TRADD (7G8) Rabbit mAb #3684
|3684S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3684||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Specificity / Sensitivity
TRADD (7G8) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total TRADD protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding glycine 227 of human TRADD.
Apoptosis mediated by death factors like FasL and TNF-α involves the formation of a death-inducing signaling complex (DISC) to their respective receptors (1). Upon ligand activation to their receptors, Fas and TNF-R1 associate with death domain (DD) containing adaptor proteins FADD (Fas associated death domain) (2,3) and TRADD (TNF-R1 associated death domain) (4). In addition to its carboxy-terminal DD, FADD contains an amino-terminal death effector domain (DED) that binds to DEDs found on caspase-8 which leads to activation of this initiator caspase (5,6). Caspase-8 subsequently activates downstream effector caspases, like caspase-3, resulting in the cleavage of proteins involved in the execution of apoptosis. Unlike FADD, TRADD does not contain a DED (4). Apoptosis driven by TNF-R1 binding to TRADD involves association of TRADD and FADD which then leads to activation of caspase-8 (7).
- Nagata, S. (1997) Cell 88, 355-65.
- Chinnaiyan, A.M. et al. (1995) Cell 81, 505-12.
- Boldin, M.P. et al. (1995) J. Biol. Chem. 270, 7795-8.
- Hsu, H. et al. (1995) Cell 81, 495-504.
- Muzio, M. et al. (1996) Cell 85, 817-27.
- Boldin, M.P. et al. (1996) Cell 85, 803-15.
- Hsu, H. et al. (1996) Cell 84, 299-308.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3694 TRADD Antibody
- 2782 FADD Antibody (Human Specific)
- 2781 Phospho-FADD (Ser194) Antibody (Human Specific)
- 4926 RIP Antibody
- 3707 TNF-α Antibody
- 4273 FasL Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
This antibody is developed, validated, and produced by CST using in part technology under license (granting certain rights including those under U.S. Patents No. 5,675,063 and 7,429,487) from Epitomics, Inc.