Product Pathways - Lymphocyte Signaling
JunB (G53) Antibody #3746
|3746S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3746||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry)
Specificity / Sensitivity
JunB (G53) Antibody detects endogenous levels of total JunB protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Gly53 of human JunB. Antibodies are purified by peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of total cell lysates from HeLa, MCF-7 and SW620 cells using JunB (G53) Antibody.
JunB is a basic region, leucine zipper (bZIP) transcription factor belonging to the Jun family that includes c-Jun and JunD. Jun family members homodimerize or heterodimerize with Fos and ATF proteins to form a functional transcription factor AP-1 (activator protein 1), whose activity is regulated by a variety of physiological and pathological stimuli such as growth factors, infections, and stress signals (1-4). While JunB sometimes antagonizes c-Jun transcriptional activity, it may functionally substitute for c-Jun during development in mice (5-7). JunB regulates hematopoietic stem cell number and plays an important role in the pathogenesis of chronic myelogenous leukemia (CML) and acute myeloid leukemia (AML) (8,9).
- Busch, S.J. and Sassone-Corsi, P. (1990) Trends Genet. 6, 36-40.
- Shaulian, E. and Karin, M. (2002) Nat. Cell Biol. 4, E131-E136.
- Hess, J. et al. (2004) J. Cell Sci. 117, 5965-5973.
- Mechta-Grigoriou, F. et al. (2001) Oncogene 20, 2378-2389.
- Chiu, R. et al. (1989) Cell 59, 979-986.
- Schütte, J. et al. (1989) Cell 59, 987-997.
- Passegué, E. et al. (2002) Nat. Genet. 30, 158-166.
- Steidl, U. et al. (2006) Nat. Genet. 38, 1269-1277.
- Passegué, E. et al. (2004) Cell 119, 431-443.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3753 JunB (C37F9) Rabbit mAb
- 3755 JunB (P169) Antibody
- 9165 c-Jun (60A8) Rabbit mAb
- 2315 c-Jun (L70B11) Mouse mAb
- 9258 SAPK/JNK (56G8) Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 2250 c-Fos (9F6) Rabbit mAb
- 2251 FosB (5G4) Rabbit mAb
- 2263 FosB Antibody
- 4384 c-Fos Antibody
- 9252 SAPK/JNK Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Alexa Fluor® is a registered trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.