Product Pathways - Metabolism
α-Amylase Antibody #4017
|4017S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|4017||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Human, Mouse.
Specificity / Sensitivity
α-Amylase Antibody detects endogenous levels of total α-amylase protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the sequence of human carcinoid
α-amylase. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
α-amylase catalyzes the cleavage of 1, 4-α-D-glucosidic bonds in oligosaccharides and polysaccharides (1). The enzyme is normally produced and secreted in salivary glands (salivary α-amylase or AMY1) and pancreas (pancreatic α-amylase or AMY2A) (1). Studies reported the release of an ectopically expressed α-amylase in certain tumors (1). Furthermore, a new type of α-amylase (carcinoid α-amylase or AMY2B) was identified in a lung carcinoid tissue (2-4). The ectopic expression of α-amylase in a neuroendocrine tumor was also reported (5).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2804 Hexokinase I Antibody
- 2867 Hexokinase II (C64G5) Rabbit mAb
- 2106 Hexokinase II Antibody
- 3198 PKM2 Antibody
- 3190 PKM1/2 (C103A3) Rabbit mAb
- 3186 PKM1/2 Antibody
- 3188 Aldolase A Antibody
- 2784 Pyruvate Dehydrogenase Antibody
- 3886 Glycogen Synthase (15B1) Rabbit mAb
- 3893 Glycogen Synthase Antibody
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.