Product Pathways - NF-kB Signaling
IκBα (L35A5) Mouse mAb (Amino-terminal Antigen) (Sepharose Bead Conjugate) #4078
|4078S||400 µl (40 immunoprecipitations)||---||In Stock||---|
|4078||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|IP||1:20||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey, Bovine, Pig, Guinea Pig||Endogenous||39||Mouse IgG1|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot using the unconjugated antibody.
Applications Key: IP=Immunoprecipitation
Specificity / Sensitivity
IκBα (L35A5) Mouse mAb (Amino-terminal Antigen) detects endogenous levels of total IκBα protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a GST-IκBα fusion protein corresponding the amino-terminus of human IκBα.
Western blot analysis of IP reaction supernatant (10% input, lanes 1, 3, 5, and 7) and immunoprecipitate (lanes 2, 4, 6, and 8) of wild-type mouse embryonic fibroblast (WT MEF) lysate using Protein G beads alone (lanes 1 and 2) or in combination with IκBα (L35A5) Mouse mAb (Amino-terminal Antigen) #4814 (lanes 5 and 6), Mouse IgG (Sepharose Bead Conjugate) #3420 (lanes 3 and 4), and IκBα (L35A5) Mouse mAb (Amino-terminal Antigen) (Sepharose Bead Conjugate) #4078 (lanes 7 and 8). The blot was probed using IκBα (44D4) Rabbit mAb #4812.
This Cell Signalinling Technology antibody is immobilized via covalent binding of primary amino groups to N-hydroxysuccinimide (NHS)-activated sepharose beads. IκBα (L35A5) Mouse mAb (Amino-terminal Antigen) (Sepharose Bead Conjugate) is useful for the immunoprecipitation of IκBα protein.
The NF-κB/Rel transcription factors are present in the cytosol in an inactive state complexed with the inhibitory IκB proteins (1-3). Activation occurs via phosphorylation of IκBα at Ser32 and Ser36 followed by proteasome-mediated degradation that results in the release and nuclear translocation of active NF-κB (3-7). IκBα phosphorylation and resulting Rel-dependent transcription are activated by a highly diverse group of extracellular signals including inflammatory cytokines, growth factors, and chemokines. Kinases that phosphorylate IκB at these activating sites have been identified (8).
- Baeuerle, P.A. and Baltimore, D. (1988) Science 242, 540-6.
- Beg, A.A. and Baldwin, A.S. (1993) Genes Dev 7, 2064-70.
- Finco, T.S. et al. (1994) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 91, 11884-8.
- Brown, K. et al. (1995) Science 267, 1485-8.
- Brockman, J.A. et al. (1995) Mol Cell Biol 15, 2809-18.
- Traenckner, E.B. et al. (1995) EMBO J 14, 2876-83.
- Chen, Z.J. et al. (1996) Cell 84, 853-62.
- Karin, M. and Ben-Neriah, Y. (2000) Annu Rev Immunol 18, 621-63.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3420 Mouse IgG (Sepharose Bead Conjugate)
- 4814 IκBα (L35A5) Mouse mAb (Amino-terminal Antigen)
- 4812 IκBα (44D4) Rabbit mAb
- 9242 IκBα Antibody
- 9247 IκBα (112B2) Mouse mAb (Carboxy-terminal Antigen)
- 2859 Phospho-IκBα (Ser32) (14D4) Rabbit mAb
- 9246 Phospho-IκBα (Ser32/36) (5A5) Mouse mAb
- 9248 IκBβ Antibody
- 4921 Phospho-IκBβ (Thr19/Ser23) Antibody (Human Specific)
- 7072 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.