Product Pathways - Stem Cell and Lineage Markers
NAC1 Antibody (Rodent Preferred) #4183
|4183S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|4183||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Human.
Specificity / Sensitivity
NAC1 Antibody (Rodent Preferred) detects endogenous levels of total NAC1 protein in mouse and rat and weakly detects human NAC1 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the amino acid sequence surrounding Ala321 of human NAC1 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from adult mouse brain using NAC1 Antibody (Rodent Preferred).
NAC1 or nuclear accumbens-1 is a nuclear factor that belongs to the POZ/BTB (Pox virus and zinc finger/bric-a-brac tramtrack broad complex) domain family. Also known as BTBD14B, it was originally identified in a unique neuronal forebrain structure responsible for reward motivation and addictive behaviors (1,2). NAC1 recruits HDAC3 and HDAC4 to transcriptionally repress gene expression in neuronal cells (3) and specifically co-represses other POZ/BTB proteins in the central nervous system (4). NAC1 is upregulated in several tumor types, including breast, renal cell, and hepatocellular carcinoma, as well as high grade ovarian serous carcinoma, where it has long been suspected as a chemoresistance gene (5,6). The chemoresistance mechanism reportedly occurs through NAC1 negative regulation of the GADD45 pathway (7). NAC1 has also been described as part of the extended transcriptional network in pluripotent cells that involves Oct-4, Sox2, Nanog, Sall1, KLF4 and Sall4 (8).
- Kalivas, P.W. et al. (1999) Synapse 33, 153-9.
- Mackler, S.A. et al. (2000) J Neurosci 20, 6210-7.
- Korutla, L. et al. (2005) J Neurochem 94, 786-93.
- Korutla, L. et al. (2009) Neurochem Int 54, 245-52.
- Nakayama, K. et al. (2006) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 103, 18739-44.
- Yeasmin, S. et al. (2008) Clin Cancer Res 14, 1686-91.
- Jinawath, N. et al. (2009) Oncogene 28, 1941-8.
- Kim, J. et al. (2008) Cell 132, 1049-61.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4420 NAC1 Antibody (Human Preferred)
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.