Product Pathways - Lymphocyte Signaling
BCL6 Antibody #4242
|4242S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|4242||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse||Endogenous||87 to 98||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Rat.
Specificity / Sensitivity
The BCL6 Antibody detects endogenous levels of BCL6.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the carboxy-terminal sequence of human BCL6. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Chromosomal translocations result in misregulation of the proto-oncogene BCL6 in patients with B cell-derived non-Hodgkins lymphoma (1). The BCL6 gene is selectively expressed in mature B cells and encodes a nuclear phosphoprotein that belongs to the BTB/POZ zinc finger family of transcription factors (2,3). BCL6 protein can bind to target DNA sequences of Stat6 and, analogous to Stat6, modulate the expression of interleukin-4-induced genes (4). Furthermore, BCL6 restrains p53-dependent senescence, making BCL6-active tumors functionally p53-negative (5). The mitogen-activated protein kinases, Erk1 and Erk2, but not JNK, phosphorylate BCL6 at multiple sites. Phosphorylation of BCL6 at Ser333 and Ser343 results in degradation of BCL6 by the ubiquitin/proteasome pathway in B cells (6,7). In addition, BCL6 is acetylated and its transcriptional repressor function is inhibited by the transcriptional co-activator p300 (8).
- Ye, B. H. et al. (1993) Science 262, 747-750.
- Onizuka, T. et al. (1995) Blood 86, 28-37.
- Zollman, S. et al. (1994) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 91, 10717-10721.
- Harris, M. B. et al. (1999) Mol. Cell. Biol. 19, 7264-7275.
- Shvarts, A. et al. (2002) Genes Dev. 16, 681-686.
- Moriyama, M. et al. (1997) Oncogene 14, 2465-2474.
- Niu, H. et al. (1998) Genes Dev. 12, 1953-1961.
- Bereshchenko, O. R. et al. (2002) Nat. Genet. 32, 606-613.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9362 Stat6 Antibody
- 9282 p53 Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9100 PhosphoPlus® p44/42 MAPK (Erk1/2) (Thr202/Tyr204) Antibody Kit
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.