Product Pathways - TGF-beta/Smad Signaling
Endoglin (D50G1) Rabbit mAb #4335
|4335S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|4335||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
Endoglin (D50G1) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total endoglin protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ala463 of human endoglin protein.
Endoglin (ENG, CD105) is an auxiliary receptor for the TGF-β receptor complex, functioning in related signaling pathways (1,2). Endoglin is a transmembrane protein that exists as a disulfide-linked homodimer. It is mainly expressed in vascular and connective tissues and in endothelial and stromal cells. Upregulated endoglin expression has been reported during wound healing and tumor vascularization, and in inflammatory tissues and developing embryos (1-4). Mutations in endoglin have been found to be a causal factor of hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasia (HHT), a disease characterized by malformation of vascular structure (5,6). The importance of this protein for normal and tumor vascular function makes it a good marker for endothelial cell proliferation as well as a potential therapeutic target in cancer (4-6).
- Bernabeu, C. et al. (2007) J Cell Biochem 102, 1375-88.
- Zhu, Y. et al. (2003) Stroke 34, 2483-8.
- Quintanilla, M. et al. (2003) Oncogene 22, 5976-85.
- Dallas, N.A. et al. (2008) Clin Cancer Res 14, 1931-7.
- ten Dijke, P. et al. (2008) Angiogenesis 11, 79-89.
- Fernández-L, A. et al. (2006) Clin Med Res 4, 66-78.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3290 Endoglin Antibody (Mouse Specific)
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.