Product Pathways - Cytoskeletal Signaling
MTSS1 (P549) Antibody #4385
|4385S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|4385||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||95-105||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Specificity / Sensitivity
MTSS1 (P549) Antibody detects endogenous levels of total MTSS1 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to amino acids surrounding Pro549 of human MTSS1. Antibodies are purified by peptide affinity chromatography.
Metastasis suppressor 1 (MTSS1) is a multi-functional scaffold protein that was initially discovered using a differential display technique that uncovered proteins missing from bladder cancer cell lines (1,2). MTSS1 (also known as Missing in Metastasis or MIM) is a cytoskeletal remodeling protein that contains a C-terminal WH2 actin-binding motif (1,3). Presence of an IMD (IRSp53/MIM homology) domain allows MTSS1 to induce F-actin bundling and filopodia formation in cells (4). MTSS1 binds to and activates Rac, a protein known to promote the formation of filopodia and lamellipodia (5). The receptor tyrosine phosphatase δ (PTPRD) is associated with MTSS1 and is required for MTSS1-dependent cytoskeletal change (6,7). MTSS1 is a Shh responsive gene that can help regulate Gli transcriptional activity (8). Transcription of MTSS1 is regulated by DNA methylation (9).
- Lee, Y.G. et al. Neoplasia 4, 291-4.
- Machesky, L.M. and Johnston, S.A. (2007) J Mol Med 85, 569-76.
- Mattila, P.K. et al. (2003) J Biol Chem 278, 8452-9.
- Yamagishi, A. et al. (2004) J Biol Chem 279, 14929-36.
- Bompard, G. et al. (2005) J Cell Sci 118, 5393-403.
- Woodings, J.A. et al. (2003) Biochem J 371, 463-71.
- Gonzalez-Quevedo, R. et al. (2005) J Cell Biol 168, 453-63.
- Callahan, C.A. et al. (2004) Genes Dev 18, 2724-9.
- Utikal, J. et al. (2006) Int J Cancer 119, 2287-93.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 4386 MTSS1 (N747) Antibody
- 2553 GLI1 Antibody
- 2207 Shh (C9C5) Rabbit mAb
- 2465 Rac1/2/3 Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.