Product Pathways - Lymphocyte Signaling
Lyn (5G2) Mouse mAb #4576
|4576S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|4576||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
Lyn (5G2) Mouse mAb detects endogenous levels of total Lyn protein. This antibody may cross-react with other Src-family members.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with recombinant His-tagged human Lyn protein.
Lyn, one of the Src family members, is predominantly expressed in hematopoietic cells (1). Two tyrosine residues have been reported to play a crucial role in the regulation of protein tyrosine kinases of the Src family. Autophosphorylation of Tyr396 (equivalent to Tyr416 of Src), located in the catalytic domain, correlates with enzyme activation. Csk-mediated phosphorylation of the carboxy-terminal Tyr507 (equivalent to Tyr527 of Src) inactivates the kinase. Tyrosine phosphorylation and activation of Lyn occurs upon association with cell surface receptors such as the B cell Ag receptor (BCR) and CD40 (2-4). Studies using knockout mice have shown that the net effect of Lyn deficiency is to render B cells hypersensitive to BCR stimulation (5-7), suggesting that the most critical role for Lyn in vivo is in the down-regulation of B cell responses. Lyn is also involved in controlling the migration and development of specific B cell populations (8).
- Yamanashi, Y. et al. (1989) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 86, 6538-6542.
- Yamanashi, Y. et al. (1991) Science 251, 192-194.
- Burkhardt, A.L. et al. (1991) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 88, 7410-7414.
- Ren, C.L. et al. (1994) J. Exp. Med. 179, 673-680.
- Wang, J. et al. (1996) J. Exp. Med. 184, 831-838.
- Chan, V.W. et al. (1997) Immunity 7, 69-81.
- Hibbs, M. L. et al. (1995) Cell 83, 301-311.
- Seo, S.J. et al. (2001) J. Immunol. 166, 3710-3723.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2731 Phospho-Lyn (Tyr507) Antibody
- 2732 Lyn Antibody
- 2796 Lyn (C13F9) Rabbit mAb
- 2101 Phospho-Src Family (Tyr416) Antibody
- 7072 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.