Product Pathways - DNA Damage
Phospho-SMC1 (Ser957) (5D11G5) Mouse mAb #4805
|4805S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|4805||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse||Endogenous||145||Mouse IgG1|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Bovine.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-SMC1 (Ser957) (5D11G5) Mouse Monoclonal Antibody detects endogenous levels of SMC1 only when phosphorylated at serine 957. This antibody may also recognize phosphorylated human DNA-PKcs (450kDa).
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser957 of human SMC1.
Structural maintenance of chromosomes 1 (SMC1) protein is a chromosomal protein member of the cohesin complex that enables sister chromatid cohesion and plays a role in DNA repair (1,2). ATM/NBS1-dependent phosphorylation of SMC1 occurs at Ser957 and Ser966 in response to ionizing radiation (IR) as part of the intra-S-phase DNA damage checkpoint (3). SMC1 phosphorylation is ATM-independent in cells subjected to other forms of DNA damage, including UV light and hydroxyurea treatment (4). While phosphorylation of SMC1 is required for activation of the IR-induced intra-S-phase checkpoint, the precise mechanism is not well understood and may involve a conformational change that affects SMC1-SMC3 interaction (3).
- Biton, S. and Ashkenazi, A. (2011) Cell 145, 92-103. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Unno, J. et al. (2013) Cancer Sci 104, 703-10. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4801 Phospho-SMC1 (Ser957) Antibody
- 4802 SMC1 Antibody
- 4526 Phospho-ATM (Ser1981) (10H11.E12) Mouse mAb
- 2851 Phospho-(Ser/Thr) ATM/ATR Substrate Antibody
- 4602 DNA-PK Antibody
- 7072 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.