Product Pathways - Ca / cAMP / Lipid Signaling
Calmodulin Antibody #4830
|4830S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|4830||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
Calmodulin Antibody detects endogenous levels of total calmodulin protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide surrounding Glu140 of human calmodulin. Antibodies are purified by peptide affinity chromatography.
Calmodulin is a ubiquitously expressed small protein mediating many cellular effects such as short-term and long-term memory, nerve growth, inflammation, apoptosis, muscle contraction and intracellular movement (1). Upon binding of four Ca2+ ions, calmodulin undergoes conformational changes, allowing this complex to bind to and activate many enzymes including protein kinases, protein phosphatases, ion channels, Ca2+ pumps, nitric oxide synthase, inositol triphosphate kinase, and cyclic nucleotide phosphodiesterase (2,3). Since calmodulin binds Ca2+ in a cooperative fashion, small changes in cytosolic Ca2+ levels lead to large changes in the level of active calmodulin and its target proteins (4).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3361 Phospho-CaMKII (Thr286) Antibody
- 3362 CaMKII (pan) Antibody
- 3760 Phospho-IP3 Receptor (Ser1756) Antibody
- 3763 IP3 Receptor Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.