Product Pathways - Cytoskeletal Signaling
MARK4 Antibody #4834
|4834S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|4834||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat||Endogenous||79||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
MARK4 Antibody detects endogenous levels of MARK4 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the sequence surrounding Cys514 of human MARK4. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Microtubule associated proteins regulate the stability of microtubules and control processes such as cell polarity/differentiation, neurite outgrowth, cell division and organelle trafficking (1). The MARK (MAP/microtubule affinity-regulating kinases) family (MARK1-4) of serine/threonine kinases was identified based on their ability to phosphorylate microtubule-associated proteins (MAPs) including tau, MAP2 and MAP4 (2-6). MARK proteins phosphorylate MAPs within their microtubule binding domains, causing dissociation of MAPs from microtubules and increased microtubule dynamics (2-4). In the case of tau, phosphorylation has been hypothesized to contribute to the formation of neurofibrillary tangles observed in Alzheimer's disease. Overexpression of MARK leads to hyperphosphorylation of MAPs, morphological changes and cell death (4). The tumor suppressor kinase LKB1 phosphorylates MARK and the closely related AMP-kinases within their T-loops, leading to increased activity (7).
- Drubin, D.G. and Nelson, W.J. (1996) Cell 84, 335-44.
- Illenberger, S. et al. (1996) J Biol Chem 271, 10834-43.
- Drewes, G. et al. (1995) J Biol Chem 270, 7679-88.
- Drewes, G. et al. (1997) Cell 89, 297-308.
- Kato, T. et al. (2001) Neoplasia 3, 4-9.
- Trinczek, B. et al. (2004) J Biol Chem 279, 5915-23.
- Lizcano, J.M. et al. (2004) EMBO J 23, 833-43.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 4542 MAP2 Antibody
- 4541 Phospho-MAP2 (Ser136) Antibody
- 4544 Phospho-MAP2 (Thr1620/1623) Antibody
- 4836 Phospho-MARK Family (Activation Loop) Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.