Product Pathways - Tyrosine Kinase / Adaptors
ALK (C26G7) Rabbit mAb (Sepharose Bead Conjugate) #5611
|5611S||400 µl (40 immunoprecipitations)||---||In Stock||---|
|5611||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|IP||1:20||Human||Endogenous||80 (NPM-ALK), 220 (ALK)||Rabbit IgG|
Applications Key: IP=Immunoprecipitation
Specificity / Sensitivity
ALK (C26G7) Rabbit mAb (Sepharose Bead Conjugate) detects endogenous levels of total ALK protein. This antibody does not cross-react with other family members.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a recombinant fusion protein surrounding amino acid 1475 of human ALK.
Immunoprecipitation of Karpas-299 cell lysates using Rabbit (DA1E) mAb IgG XP® Isotype Control (Sepharose Bead Conjugate) #3423 and ALK (C26G7) Rabbit mAb (Sepharose Bead Conjugate). The western blot was probed using ALK (31F12) Mouse mAb #3791. Cell Line Source: Dr Abraham Karpas at the University of Cambridge.
This Cell Signaling Technology antibody is immobilized via covalent binding of primary amino groups to N-hydroxysuccinimide (NHS)-activated sepharose beads. ALK (C26G7) Rabbit mAb (Sepharose Bead Conjugate) is useful for immunoprecipitation assays. The antibody is expected to exhibit the same species cross-reactivity as the unconjugated ALK (C26G7) Rabbit mAb #3333.
Anaplastic lymphoma kinase (ALK) is a tyrosine kinase receptor for pleiotrophin (PTN), a growth factor involved in embryonic brain development (1-3). In ALK-expressing cells, PTN induces phosphorylation of both ALK and the downstream effectors IRS-1, Shc, PLCγ, and PI3 kinase (1). ALK was originally discovered as a nucleophosmin (NPM)-ALK fusion protein produced by a translocation (4). Investigators have found that the NPM-ALK fusion protein is a constitutively active, oncogenic tyrosine kinase associated with anaplastic lymphoma (4). Research literature suggests that activation of PLCγ by NPM-ALK may be a crucial step for its mitogenic activity and involved in the pathogenesis of anaplastic lymphomas (5).
A distinct ALK oncogenic fusion protein involving ALK and echinoderm microtubule-associated protein like 4 (EML4) has been described in the research literature from a non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) cell line, with corresponding fusion transcripts present in some cases of lung adenocarcinoma. The short, amino-terminal region of the microtubule-associated protein EML4 is fused to the kinase domain of ALK (6-8).
- Stoica, G.E. et al. (2001) J Biol Chem 276, 16772-9.
- Iwahara, T. et al. (1997) Oncogene 14, 439-49.
- Morris, S.W. et al. (1997) Oncogene 14, 2175-88.
- Morris, S.W. et al. (1994) Science 263, 1281-4.
- Bai, R.Y. et al. (1998) Mol Cell Biol 18, 6951-61.
- Rikova, K. et al. (2007) Cell 131, 1190-203.
- Takeuchi, K. et al. (2008) Clin Cancer Res 14, 6618-24.
- Soda, M. et al. (2007) Nature 448, 561-6.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3333 ALK (C26G7) Rabbit mAb
- 3348 Phospho-ALK (Tyr1586) (3B4) Rabbit mAb
- 3341 Phospho-ALK (Tyr1604) Antibody
- 3343 Phospho-ALK (Tyr1586) Antibody
- 3710 Phospho-ALK (Tyr1278) Antibody
- 3714 Phospho-ALK (Tyr1282/1283) Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
This antibody is developed, validated, and produced by CST using in part technology under license (granting certain rights including those under U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063) from Epitomics, Inc.