Product Pathways - Neuroscience
Nicastrin (D38F9) Rabbit mAb #5665
|5665S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|5665P||40 µl (4 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|5665||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Hamster, Monkey||Endogenous||110, 120||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
Nicastrin (D38F9) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total Nicastrin protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Val390 of human Nicastrin protein.
Nicastrin is a transmembrane glycoprotein serving as an essential component of the γ-secretase complex (1,2). Nicastrin is physically associated with presenilin and plays an important role in the stabilization and correct localization of presenilin to the membrane-bound γ-secretase complex (3). Nicastrin also serves as a docking site for γ-secretase substrates such as APP and Notch, directly binding to them and properly presenting them to γ-secretase to ensure the correct cleavage process (2,4).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2192 Presenilin 2 Antibody
- 3622 Presenilin 1 Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 3268 Notch1 (C44H11) Rabbit mAb
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 7075 Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody
- 5451 PEN2 Antibody
- 3823 Phospho-APP (Thr668) Antibody
- 2450 APP/β-Amyloid (NAB228) Mouse mAb
- 4147 Cleaved Notch1 (Val1744) (D3B8) Rabbit mAb
- 5643 Presenilin 1 (D39D1) Rabbit mAb
- 9979 Presenilin 2 (D30G3) Rabbit mAb
- 6986 Phospho-APP (Thr668) (D90B8) Rabbit mAb
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.