Product Pathways - Ca / cAMP / Lipid Signaling
ApoA4 (1D6B6) Mouse mAb #5700
|5700S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|5700||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||45||Mouse IgG2a|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Specificity / Sensitivity
ApoA4 (1D6B6) Mouse mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total ApoA4 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a recombinant human ApoA4 protein.
Apolipoproteins are plasma lipoproteins that function as transporters of lipids and cholesterol in the circulatory system. Chylomicrons are a fundamental class of apolipoproteins containing very low-density lipoproteins (VLDL), intermediate-density lipoproteins (IDL), low-density lipoproteins (LDL), and high-density lipoproteins (HDL) (1,2).
Apolipoprotein A-IV (ApoA4) is a glycoprotein that exists as a free apolipoprotein in human plasma (3,4). ApoA4 activates the lecithin cholesterol acyl transferase (5-7) to modulate the rate of lipid transfer protein (LTP) activity (7). Additional evidence suggests that ApoA4 may also act as an antioxidant to inhibit LDL oxidation in the atherosclerosis model (8).
- Kwiterovich, P.O. (2000) Am J Cardiol 86, 5L-10L.
- Hussain, M.M. (2000) Atherosclerosis 148, 1-15.
- Utermann, G. and Beisiegel, U. (1979) Eur J Biochem 99, 333-43.
- Hayashi, H. et al. (1990) J Lipid Res 31, 1613-25.
- Steinmetz, A. and Utermann, G. (1985) J Biol Chem 260, 2258-64.
- Chen, C.H. and Albers, J.J. (1985) Biochim Biophys Acta 836, 279-85.
- Main, L.A. et al. (1996) Biochim Biophys Acta 1300, 17-24.
- Wong, W.M. et al. (2007) Atherosclerosis 192, 266-74.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 5709 ApoM (8F12) Mouse mAb
- 3350 ApoA1 (5F4) Mouse mAb
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7072 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.