Product Pathways - Cytoskeletal Signaling
RalBP1 (D87H8) Rabbit mAb #5739
|5739S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|5739||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Monkey||Endogenous||95||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Specificity / Sensitivity
RalBP1 (D87H7) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total RalBP1 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Asp623 of human RalBP1 protein.
The RalA binding protein 1 (RalBP1 or RLIP76) was originally identified as a GTP-RalA associated protein that acted as a downstream RalA effector in regulating Ral-Ras signaling (1). RalBP1 interacts with RalA and the endocytosis protein REPS2 (POB1) through its carboxy-terminal Ral binding domain. RalBP1 has an intrinsic GTPase activating function and interacts with Cdc42 through its centrally located Rho-GAP domain (1-3). A protein complex containing RalBP1/POB1/RalA regulates endocytosis of membrane receptors (4). RalBP1 also functions as a non-ABC transporter that catalyzes the ATP-dependent transport of numerous xenobiotics, including glutathione conjugates and some chemotherapeutic agents. RalBP1 transporter activity may play an important role in detoxification, drug resistance and the stress response (5-7). Increased expression of RalBP1 protein is associated with some forms of cancer and regression of cancer xenografts results from RalBP1 inhibition (8,9). Evidence to date suggests that RalBP1 may be a promising therapeutic target for cancer therapy.
- Cantor, S.B. et al. (1995) Mol Cell Biol 15, 4578-84.
- Matsubara, K. et al. (1997) FEBS Lett 410, 169-74.
- Ikeda, M. et al. (1998) J Biol Chem 273, 814-21.
- Nakashima, S. et al. (1999) EMBO J 18, 3629-42.
- Awasthi, Y.C. et al. (2007) Curr Drug Metab 8, 315-23.
- Awasthi, S. et al. (2002) Drug Metab Dispos 30, 1300-10.
- Awasthi, S. et al. (2008) Clin Cancer Res 14, 4372-7.
- Hudson, M.E. et al. (2007) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 104, 17494-9.
- Singhal, S.S. et al. (2007) Cancer Res 67, 4382-9.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3630 RalBP1 (I33) Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.