Product Pathways - Lymphocyte Signaling
GRK6 (D1A4) Rabbit mAb #5878
|5878S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|5878||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat||Endogenous||70||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
GRK6 (D1A4) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total GRK6 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Glu89 of human GRK6 protein.
G protein-coupled Receptor Kinase 6 (GRK6) is one of 7 members of the GRK serine/threonine kinase subfamily, which are known primarily for their role in desensitizing activated G protein-coupled receptors (GPCRs) (1,2). GRKs function by phosphorylating serine/threonine residues in activated GPCRs. Upon phosphorylation these residues serve as binding sites for β-arrestin proteins, inhibiting re-activation of GPCRs by blocking their re-association with G proteins (3). There is evidence that GRKs can also modulate selected non-GPCR signaling pathways (2). For example, GRK6 has been shown to modulate the Wnt signaling pathway via phosphorylation of LRP6 (4), and the insulin-like growth factor signaling pathway (5). GRK6 may also play a role in immune system function. Investigators have found GRK6 expression is typically abundant in hematopoietic tumor cell lines, and a recent research study demonstrated that GRK6 suppression was selectively lethal for a number of myeloma tumor cell lines (6).
- Mushegian, A. et al. (2012) PLoS One 7, e33806.
- Gurevich, E.V. et al. (2012) Pharmacol Ther 133, 40-69.
- Ribas, C. et al. (2007) Biochim Biophys Acta 1768, 913-22.
- Chen, M. et al. (2009) J Biol Chem 284, 35040-8.
- Zheng, H. et al. (2012) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109, 7055-60.
- Tiedemann, R.E. et al. (2010) Blood 115, 1594-604.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 3982 GRK2 Antibody
- 3857 β-Arrestin 2 (C16D9) Rabbit mAb
- 2416 Phospho-β-Arrestin 1 (Ser412) (6-24) Mouse mAb
- 4674 β-Arrestin 1/2 (D24H9) Rabbit mAb
- 6218 SignalSilence® β-Arrestin 1 siRNA I
- 2568 Phospho-LRP6 (Ser1490) Antibody
- 3395 LRP6 (C47E12) Rabbit mAb
- 2560 LRP6 (C5C7) Rabbit mAb
- 8650 SignalSilence® LRP6 siRNA I
- 8623 SignalSilence® LRP6 siRNA II
- 9834 SignalSilence® LRP6 siRNA I (Mouse Specific)
- 9848 SignalSilence® LRP6 siRNA II (Mouse Specific)
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.