Product Pathways - Cell Cycle / Checkpoint
MYH (D13D4) Rabbit mAb #6248
|6248S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|6248||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
MYH (D13D4) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total MYH protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the carboxy terminus of human MYH protein.
Base excision repair (BER) proteins catalyze the removal of incorrect or damaged bases, including oxidized bases, from DNA. N-glycosylases specific to a given lesion remove the incorrect base as the first step in BER. MYH is the mammalian ortholog of E. coli MutY, a DNA glycosylase that catalyzes the removal of 8-oxoG:A mismatches (1). Several MYH isoforms have been detected in human cells localizing to either the nucleus or the mitochondria (2). MYH interacts with DNA repair proteins and localizes to DNA damage foci after oxidative damage (3). Research studies have shown that mutations in the corresponding MYH gene are associated with human gastric (4) and colorectal (5-7) cancers.
- Slupska, M.M. et al. (1996) J Bacteriol 178, 3885-92.
- Ohtsubo, T. et al. (2000) Nucleic Acids Res 28, 1355-64.
- Shi, G. et al. (2006) Biochem J 400, 53-62.
- Kobayashi, K. et al. (2008) Anticancer Res 28, 215-21.
- Bai, H. et al. (2007) Cancer Lett 250, 74-81.
- Pope, M.A. et al. (2005) DNA Repair (Amst) 4, 315-25.
- Wooden, S.H. et al. (2004) Cancer Lett 205, 89-95.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2735 XRCC1 Antibody
- 2590 SirT6 Antibody
- 4128 Ape1 Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.