Product Pathways - Metabolism
TRXR1 Antibody #6925
|6925S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|6925||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||55||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
TRXR1 Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total TRXR1 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ile259 of human TRXR1 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
TRXR1 (thioredoxin reductase 1) is a selenocysteine-containing protein that is involved in redox homeostasis (1-6). Its canonical target is thioredoxin, another redox protein (1). Together, they are involved in many functions such as antioxidant regulation (3-6), cell proliferation (2,3,5), DNA replication (2,3), and transcription (3,5). TRXR1 is also capable of reducing a wide array of cellular proteins (1,3). Selenium deficiency, either by diet modification (2,6) or introduction of methylmercury (4), hinders proper expression and function of TRXR1. It is possible that this effect, which results in a higher oxidative state, is a result of the selenocysteine codon (UGA) being read as a STOP codon in the absence of adequate selenium (4). The functions of TRXR1 in cell proliferation and antioxidant defense make it a potential therapeutic target.
- Turanov, A.A. et al. (2010) Biochem J 430, 285-93.
- Gasdaska, P.Y. et al. (1995) FEBS Lett 373, 5-9.
- Gromer, S. et al. (2004) Med Res Rev 24, 40-89.
- Usuki, F. et al. (2011) J Biol Chem 286, 6641-9.
- Pappas, A.C. et al. (2008) Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol 151, 361-72.
- Müller, M. et al. (2010) Genes Nutr 5, 297-307.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2429 Thioredoxin 1 (C63C6) Rabbit mAb
- 2285 Thioredoxin 1 Antibody (Human Specific)
- 2298 Thioredoxin 1 Antibody (Mouse/Rat Preferred)
- 1057 Thioredoxin 1 Blocking Peptide
- 3206 GPX1 Antibody
- 3187 NQO1 (A180) Mouse mAb
- 2770 SOD1 Antibody
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.