Product Pathways - Metabolism
Phospho-TBC1D1 (Ser660) Antibody #6928
|6928S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|6928||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Rat.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-TBC1D1 (Ser660) Antibody recognizes transfected levels of TBC1D1 protein only when phosphorylated at Ser660.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser660 of mouse TBC1D1 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from 293T cells, transfected with either mouse wild-type TBC1D1 or mutant TBC1D1 (S660A), using Phospho-TBC1D1 (Ser660) Antibody (upper) or TBC1D1 (G689) Antibody #5929 (lower). Both expression vectors were kindly provided by Dr. Laurie Goodyear at the Joslin Diabetes Center.
TBC1D1 is a paralog of AS160 (1) and both proteins share about 50% identity (2). TBC1D1 was shown to be a candidate gene for severe obesity (3). It plays a role in Glut4 translocation through its GAP activity (2,4). Studies indicate that TBC1D1 is highly expressed in skeletal muscle (1). Insulin, AICAR, and contraction directly regulate TBC1D1 phosphorylation in this tissue (1). Three AMPK phosphorylation sites (Ser231, Ser660, and Ser700) and one Akt phosphorylation site (Thr590) were identified (5). Muscle contraction or AICAR treatment increases phosphorylation on Ser231, Ser660, and Ser700 but not on Thr590; insulin increases phosphorylation on Thr590 only (5).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 5929 TBC1D1 (G689) Antibody
- 4629 TBC1D1 (V796) Antibody
- 6927 Phospho-TBC1D1 (Thr590) Antibody
- 6929 Phospho-TBC1D1 (Ser700) Antibody
- 2670 AS160 (C69A7) Rabbit mAb
- 2447 AS160 Antibody
- 2213 Glut4 (1F8) Mouse mAb
- 2400 Synip (C51G6) Rabbit mAb
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.