Product Pathways - PathScan ELISA
PathScan® Phospho-Stat3 (Tyr705) Sandwich ELISA Antibody Pair #7146
|7146S||1 Kit (Reagents for 4 x 96 well plates)||---||In Stock||---|
|7146||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|Kit Includes||Volume||Cap Color|
|Stat3 Capture Ab (100X)||0.4 ml||Pink|
|P-Stat3 (Y705) Detection Ab (100X)||0.4 ml||Blue|
|Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody (1000X)||0.04 ml||Yellow|
Storage: Capture and detection antibodies are stored at 4°C. HRP-linked secondary reagent is stored at -20°C.
CST's PathScan® Phospho-Stat3 (Tyr705) Sandwich ELISA Antibody Pair is offered as an economical alternative to our PathScan® Phospho-Stat3 (Tyr705) Sandwich ELISA Kit #7300. Capture and Detection antibodies (100X stock) and HRP-Linked Secondary Antibody (1000X stock) are supplied. Sufficient reagents are supplied for 4 x 96 well ELISAs. The Stat3 Rabbit Capture Antibody is coated in PBS overnight in a 96 well microplate. After blocking, cell lysates are added, followed by Phospho-Stat3 (Tyr705) Mouse Detection Antibody and HRP-Linked Anti-Mouse IgG. HRP substrate, TMB, is added for color development. The magnitude of the absorbance for this developed color is proportional to the quantity of phospho-Stat3 (Tyr705) protein.
Antibodies in kit are custom formulations specific to kit.
Specificity / Sensitivity
For Antibody Pair specificity and sensitivity, please refer to the corresponding PathScan® Sandwich ELISA Kit. Note: This antibody pair detects proteins from the indicated species, as determined through in-house testing, but may also detect homologous proteins from other species.
The relationship between lysate protein concentration from untreated and IFN-α treated HeLa cells and the absorbance at 450 nm using PathScan® Phospho-Stat3 (Tyr705) Sandwich ELISA Antibody Pair #7146. After overnight starvation, HeLa cells were treated with IFN-α (100 ng/ml) for 10 minutes at 37ºC and then lysed.
The Stat3 transcription factor is an important signaling molecule for many cytokines and growth factor receptors (1) and is required for murine fetal development (2). Research studies have shown that Stat3 is constitutively activated in a number of human tumors (3,4) and possesses oncogenic potential (5) and anti-apoptotic activities (3). Stat3 is activated by phosphorylation at Tyr705, which induces dimerization, nuclear translocation, and DNA binding (6,7). Transcriptional activation seems to be regulated by phosphorylation at Ser727 through the MAPK or mTOR pathways (8,9). Stat3 isoform expression appears to reflect biological function as the relative expression levels of Stat3α (86 kDa) and Stat3β (79 kDa) depend on cell type, ligand exposure, or cell maturation stage (10). It is notable that Stat3β lacks the serine phosphorylation site within the carboxy-terminal transcriptional activation domain (8).
- Heim, M.H. (2001) J Recept Signal Transduct Res 19, 75-120.
- Takeda, K. et al. (1997) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 94, 3801-4.
- Catlett-Falcone, R. et al. (1999) Immunity 10, 105-15.
- Garcia, R. and Jove, R. (1998) J Biomed Sci 5, 79-85.
- Bromberg, J.F. et al. (1999) Cell 98, 295-303.
- Darnell, J.E. et al. (1994) Science 264, 1415-21.
- Ihle, J.N. (1995) Nature 377, 591-4.
- Wen, Z. et al. (1995) Cell 82, 241-50.
- Yokogami, K. et al. (2000) Curr Biol 10, 47-50.
- Biethahn, S. et al. (1999) Exp Hematol 27, 885-94.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9808 Phosphate Buffered Saline (PBS-20X)
- 9809 Phosphate Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (PBST-20X)
- 9998 BSA
- 7004 TMB Substrate
- 7002 STOP Solution
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7300 PathScan® Phospho-Stat3 (Tyr705) Sandwich ELISA Kit
- 9145 Phospho-Stat3 (Tyr705) (D3A7) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 9131 Phospho-Stat3 (Tyr705) Antibody
- 9138 Phospho-Stat3 (Tyr705) (3E2) Mouse mAb
- 9139 Stat3 (124H6) Mouse mAb
- 4904 Stat3 (79D7) Rabbit mAb
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
PathScan® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.