Product Pathways - MAPK Signaling
MAPKAPK-3 (D54E4) Rabbit mAb #7421
|7421S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|7421||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey, Pig||Endogenous||42||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
MAPKAPK-3 (D54E4) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total MAPKAPK-3 protein. This antibody does not cross-react with MAPKAPK-2 or MAPKAPK-5.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Pro34 of human MAPKAPK-3 protein.
MAPKAPK-3 has a single potential SH3-binding site in the proline-rich amino terminus, a putative ATP-binding site, 2 MAP kinase phosphorylation site motifs, and a putative nuclear localization signal. It shares 72% nucleotide and 75% amino acid identity with MAPKAPK-2 (1). MAPKAPK-3 has been shown to be activated by growth inducers and stress stimulation of cells. In vitro studies have demonstrated that Erk, p38 MAP kinase, and Jun amino-terminal kinase are able to phosphorylate and activate MAPKAPK-3, which suggested a role for this kinase as an integrative element of signaling in both mitogen and stress responses (2). MAPKAPK-3 was reported to interact with, phosphorylate, and repress the activity of E47, which is a basic helix-loop-helix transcription factor involved in the regulation of tissue-specific gene expression and cell differentiation (3). MAPKAPK-3 may also support luteal maturation through the phosphorylation and activation of the nuclear transcription factor CREB (4).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7419 MAPKAPK-5 (D70A10) Rabbit mAb
- 3043 MAPKAPK-3 Antibody
- 3042 MAPKAPK-2 Antibody
- 3041 Phospho-MAPKAPK-2 (Thr334) Antibody
- 3316 Phospho-MAPKAPK-2 (Thr222) (9A7) Rabbit mAb
- 3007 Phospho-MAPKAPK-2 (Thr334) (27B7) Rabbit mAb
- 4338 Phospho-MAPKAPK-2 (Thr334) (27B7) Rabbit mAb (Alexa Fluor® 488 Conjugate)
- 4320 Phospho-MAPKAPK-2 (Thr334) (27B7) Rabbit mAb (Alexa Fluor® 647 Conjugate)
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.