Product Pathways - Protein Stability
CAND1 Antibody #7433
|7433S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|7433||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||130||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Bovine, Dog.
Specificity / Sensitivity
CAND1 Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total CAND1 protein. This antibody may cross-react with CAND2.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Asn610 of human CAND1 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Cullin-associated and neddylation-dissociated (CAND1)/TIP120A is a protein containing multiple HEAT repeats. It functions, in part, as an inhibitor of multiple cullin-RING ubiquitin ligases (CRLs) via binding to cullin-RBX complexes that are both unconjugated to NEDD8 and lack association with substrate recognition subunits (1-3). Indeed, CAND1 has been shown to bind all cullin family members in human cells and analysis of the crystal structure of human CAND1 bound to the CUL1-RBX1 complex suggests that CAND1 inhibits the activity of CRLs by sterically blocking both the substrate recognition subunit binding site and the NEDD8 conjugation site (1,3,4). Conversely, CAND1 binding to cullin-RBX complexes is incompatible with neddylation as NEDD8 conjugated to cullins blocks CAND1 binding, suggesting that CAND1 binds to cullins only after the COP9 signalosome has catalyzed cullin deneddylation. Through its ability to negatively regulate CRL assembly, CAND1 plays an integral part in facilitating CRL activation cycles that allow CRLs to utilize distinct substrate recognition subunits and protects these subunits from undergoing ubiquitin-dependent degradation (5-7).
- Liu, J. et al. (2002) Mol Cell 10, 1511-8.
- Zheng, J. et al. (2002) Mol Cell 10, 1519-26.
- Min, K.W. et al. (2003) J Biol Chem 278, 15905-10.
- Goldenberg, S.J. et al. (2004) Cell 119, 517-28.
- Wee, S. et al. (2005) Nat Cell Biol 7, 387-91.
- Wu, J.T. et al. (2005) Nat Cell Biol 7, 1014-20.
- Cope, G.A. and Deshaies, R.J. (2006) BMC Biochem 7, 1.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 6895 COPS5 Antibody
- 4995 CUL1 Antibody
- 2759 CUL3 Antibody
- 2699 CUL4A Antibody
- 2754 NEDD8 (19E3) Rabbit mAb
- 4397 RBX1 Antibody
- 2156 Skp1 Antibody
- 4313 Skp2 (L70) Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.