Product Pathways - PathScan ELISA
PathScan® Total IκBα Sandwich ELISA Antibody Pair #7831
|7831S||1 Kit (Reagents for 4 x 96 well plates)||---||In Stock||---|
|7831||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|Kit Includes||Volume||Cap Color|
|IkB-alpha Capture Ab (100X)||0.4 ml||Pink|
|IkB-alpha Detection Ab (100X)||0.4 ml||Blue|
|Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody (1000X)||0.04 ml||Red|
Storage: Capture and detection antibodies are stored at 4°C. HRP-linked secondary reagent is stored at -20°C.
CST's PathScan® Total IκBα Sandwich ELISA Antibody Pair is offered as an economical alternative to our PathScan® Total IκBα Sandwich ELISA Kit #7360. Capture and Detection antibodies (100X stocks) and HRP-conjugated secondary antibody (1000X stock) are supplied. Sufficient reagents are supplied for 4 x 96 well ELISAs. The IκBα Capture Antibody is coated in PBS overnight in a 96 well microplate. After blocking, cell lysates are added followed by an IκBα Detection Antibody and anti-Rabbit IgG, HRP conjugated antibody. HRP substrate, TMB, is added for color development. The magnitude of the absorbance for this developed color is proportional to the quantity of total IκBα protein.
Antibodies in kit are custom formulations specific to kit.
Specificity / Sensitivity
For Antibody Pair specificity and sensitivity, please refer to the corresponding PathScan® Sandwich ELISA Kit. Note: This antibody pair detects proteins from the indicated species, as determined through in-house testing, but may also detect homologous proteins from other species.
The relationship between lysate protein concentration from untreated and TNF-α and IL-1β treated HeLa cells and the absorbance at 450 nm using PathScan® Total IκBα Sandwich ELISA Antibody Pair #7831 is shown. HeLa cells were treated with TNF-α and IL-1β for 5 minutes at 37ºC and then lysed.
The NF-κB/Rel transcription factors are present in the cytosol in an inactive state complexed with the inhibitory IκB proteins (1-3). Activation occurs via phosphorylation of IκBα at Ser32 and Ser36 followed by proteasome-mediated degradation that results in the release and nuclear translocation of active NF-κB (3-7). IκBα phosphorylation and resulting Rel-dependent transcription are activated by a highly diverse group of extracellular signals including inflammatory cytokines, growth factors, and chemokines. Kinases that phosphorylate IκB at these activating sites have been identified (8).
- Baeuerle, P.A. and Baltimore, D. (1988) Science 242, 540-6.
- Beg, A.A. and Baldwin, A.S. (1993) Genes Dev 7, 2064-70.
- Finco, T.S. et al. (1994) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 91, 11884-8.
- Brown, K. et al. (1995) Science 267, 1485-8.
- Brockman, J.A. et al. (1995) Mol Cell Biol 15, 2809-18.
- Traenckner, E.B. et al. (1995) EMBO J 14, 2876-83.
- Chen, Z.J. et al. (1996) Cell 84, 853-62.
- Karin, M. and Ben-Neriah, Y. (2000) Annu Rev Immunol 18, 621-63.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9808 Phosphate Buffered Saline (PBS-20X)
- 9809 Phosphate Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (PBST-20X)
- 9998 BSA
- 7004 TMB Substrate
- 7002 STOP Solution
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7360 PathScan® Total IκBα Sandwich ELISA Kit
- 7355 PathScan® Phospho-IκBα (Ser32) Sandwich ELISA Kit
- 7343 PathScan® Phospho-IκBα (Ser32) Sandwich ELISA Antibody Pair
- 4812 IκBα (44D4) Rabbit mAb
- 4814 IκBα (L35A5) Mouse mAb (Amino-terminal Antigen)
- 9247 IκBα (112B2) Mouse mAb (Carboxy-terminal Antigen)
- 9242 IκBα Antibody
- 9803 Cell Lysis Buffer (10X)
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
PathScan® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.