Product Pathways - Protein Stability
UCHL3 (D25E6) Rabbit mAb #8141
|8141S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|8141P||40 µl (40 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|8141||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat||Endogenous||27||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Bovine, Dog, Horse.
Specificity / Sensitivity
UCHL3 (D25E6) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total UCHL3 protein. This antibody does not cross-react with either UCHL1 or BAP1 and is not predicted to cross-react with UCHL5.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the amino terminus of human UCHL3 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using UCHL3 (D25E6) Rabbit mAb.
Protein ubiquitination and deubiquitination are reversible processes catalyzed by ubiquitinating enzymes (UBEs) and deubiquitinating enzymes (DUBs) (1,2). DUBs are categorized into 5 subfamilies: USP, UCH, OTU, MJD, and JAMM. UCHL1, UCHL3, UCHL5/UCH37, and BRCA-1-associated protein-1 (BAP1) belong to the UCH family of DUBs, which all posses a conserved catalytic domain (UCH domain) of about 230 amino acids. UCHL5 and BAP1 have unique extended C-terminal tails. UCHL1 is abundantly expressed in neuronal tissues and testes, while UCHL3 expression is more widely distributed (3,4). Although UCHL1 and UCHL3 are the most closely related UCH family members with about 53% identity, their biochemical properties differ in that UCHL1 binds monoubiquitin and UCHL3 shows dual specificity toward both ubiquitin (Ub) and NEDD8, a Ub-like molecule. In particular, UCHL3 functions as a Ub hydrolase involved in the processing of both Ub precursors and ubiquitinated substrates, generating free monomeric Ub. This is accomplished through the ability of UCHL3 to recognize and hydrolyze isopeptide bonds at the C-terminal glycine of either Ub or NEDD8 (5-7). Recent functional studies have identified UCH-L3 as a critical regulator of adipogenesis through its ability to promote IGF-IR and insulin receptor signaling (8). Furthermore, UCHL3 has been shown to promote deubiquitination, recycling, and cell surface expression of the epithelial sodium channel (9).
- Nijman, S.M. et al. (2005) Cell 123, 773-86.
- Nalepa, G. et al. (2006) Nat Rev Drug Discov 5, 596-613.
- Leroy, E. et al. (1998) Nature 395, 451-2.
- Kurihara, L.J. et al. (2001) Hum Mol Genet 10, 1963-70.
- Osaka, H. et al. (2003) Hum Mol Genet 12, 1945-58.
- Wada, H. et al. (1998) Biochem Biophys Res Commun 251, 688-92.
- Kwon, J. (2007) Exp Anim 56, 71-7.
- Suzuki, M. et al. (2009) Endocrinology 150, 5230-9.
- Butterworth, M.B. et al. (2007) J Biol Chem 282, 37885-93.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3525 UCHL3 Antibody
- 3524 UCHL1 Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.