Product Pathways - Metabolism
Phospho-LDHA (Tyr10) Antibody #8176
|8176S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|8176||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat||Endogenous||37||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-LDHA (Tyr10) Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of LDHA protein only when phosphorylated at Tyr10.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Tyr10 of human LDHA protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using Phospho-LDHA (Tyr10) Antibody.
Western blot analysis of extracts from 293T cells transfected with a construct expressing DYKDDDDK-tagged wild-type (WT) full-length human LDHA (WT hLDHA-DDK) alone or in conjuction with full-length human FGFR1 (hFGFR1), using Phospho-LDHA (Tyr10) Antibody (upper) or DYKDDDDK Tag (9A3) Mouse mAb #8146 (lower). The DYKDDDDK-tagged WT hLDHA expression construct was kindly provided by Dr. Jing Chen at Emory University School of Medicine.
Lactate dehydrogenase (LDH) catalyzes the interconversion of pyruvate and NADH to lactate and NAD+. When the oxygen supply is too low for mitochondrial ATP production, this reaction recycles NADH generated in glycolysis to NAD+, which reenters glycolysis. The major form of LDH found in muscle cells is the A (LDHA) isozyme. The LDHA promoter contains HIF-1α binding sites (1). LDHA expression is induced under hypoxic conditions (2). During intensive and prolonged muscle exercise, lactate accumulates in muscle cells when the supply of oxygen does not meet demand. When oxygen levels return to normal, LDH converts lactate to pyruvate to generate ATP in the mitochondrial electron transport chain.
Recent studies indicate that LDHA is phosphorylated at Tyr10 and Tyr83 by the receptor tyrosine kinase FGFR1 (3). Phosphorylation at Tyr10 up-regulates the activity of LDHA and is found in a variety of human cancer cells (3). Results further suggest that tyrosine phosphorylation regulates the NADH/NAD+ redox homeostasis and thus promotes the Warburg effect and tumor cell growth (3).
- Fan, J. et al. (2011) Mol Cell Biol 31, 4938-50. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3582 LDHA (C4B5) Rabbit mAb
- 2012 LDHA Antibody
- 8433 LDHA Antibody (Biotinylated)
- 3558 LDHA/LDHC (C28H7) Rabbit mAb
- 3827 Phospho-PKM2 (Tyr105) Antibody
- 8435 Phospho-PKM2 (Tyr105) Antibody (Biotinylated)
- 4053 PKM2 (D78A4) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 3198 PKM2 Antibody
- 8434 PKM2 (D78A4) XP® Rabbit mAb (Biotinylated)
- 2024 Hexokinase I (C35C4) Rabbit mAb
- 2804 Hexokinase I Antibody
- 2867 Hexokinase II (C64G5) Rabbit mAb
- 8169 Hexokinase II (3D7) Mouse mAb
- 2106 Hexokinase II Antibody
- 8430 Hexokinase II Antibody (Biotinylated)
- 3190 PKM1/2 (C103A3) Rabbit mAb
- 3106 PKM1/2 (C5E6) Rabbit mAb
- 3186 PKM1/2 Antibody
- 3188 Aldolase A Antibody
- 5412 PFKP Antibody
- 8866 Glucose-6-Phosphate Dehydrogenase Antibody
- 5557 Succinyl-CoA Synthetase Antibody
- 2784 Pyruvate Dehydrogenase Antibody
- 3886 Glycogen Synthase (15B1) Rabbit mAb
- 5174 GAPDH (D16H11) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.