Product Pathways - Neuroscience
Homer1 Antibody #8231
|8231S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|8231||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat||Endogenous||46||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
Homer1 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total Homer1 protein. This antibody may also detect isoform Homer1c.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Glu130 of human Homer1 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Homer1, Homer2 and Homer3 are scaffolding proteins, composed of an EVH protein–binding domain, a coiled-coil domain and a leucine zipper domain. The EVH domain is a protein-protein binding module that binds to the proline-rich motifs PPXXF, PPXF, and LPSSP of G protein–coupled receptors (GPCRs), inositol 1,4,5-triphosphate (IP3) receptors (IP3Rs), ryanodine receptors, and TRP channels (1-2). The coiled-coil and the leucine zipper domains cause multimerization of Homers and assemble signaling proteins complexes. The Homer1 gene encodes a short isoform (Homer1a, aa 1-186) and two long isoforms (Homer1b, aa 1-354; Homer1c, aa 1-366). Homer1a lacks the coiled-coil domain and leucine zipper, antagonizing multimerization of Homers and thus disassembling signaling proteins complexes (3).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7075 Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 5568 β3-Tubulin (D71G9) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 3450 PSD95 (D27E11) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 5843 GAD2 (D5G2) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 5297 Synapsin-1 (D12G5) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 5461 Synaptophysin (D35E4) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 3763 IP3 Receptor Antibody
- 3760 Phospho-IP3 Receptor (Ser1756) Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.